POLITICS Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kptvol, Jan 7, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Couple o' weeks. They lost a general not too long ago.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He’ll absolutely bomb the shit out of them if they killed an American or even fired on a US interest.

As well he should.

This tweet is gamesmanship - and is the real danger with fat worthless [uck fay]s like Michael Moore “apologizing” for our killing that General, or Elizabeth Warren’s utterly cowardice ass in refusing to call him what he was - a terrorist - for fear of even the appearance of agreeing with Trump’s call in taking him out.

[uck fay] him, [uck fay] her any [uck fay] anyone else who agrees with either of them.

Iran has chosen its words carefully, here, I suspect in sensing that they can use our own inter/national political strife to serve as a protective talisman of their nuclear program, and to ward off any preemptive bombings of a nuclear readiness site.

3. Tenacious D

And to be clear: if Iran gets a functional nuclear weapon, or even imminently close to it, Trump is going to bomb the ever-loving shit out of them, and I don’t give a good [dadgum] if they hide the damned thing under Mecca, and have thousands of women and children holding hands in concentric circles around it.

As damned well he should.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

mecca is in saudi, and saudi can murder american residents with impunity under trump.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

warren called him a murderer. but he was, whether you like it or not, a state actor and thus not the exact same as some al qaeda or ISIS pos. He's a different pos.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Of course the second guy has more than the first. When did drones become a legitimate weapon? It's not like there were 8 years of drone strikes.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Drones are more than 20 year old tech and were used heavily in Iraq and afganistan.

8. CardinalVol

But how frequently, and how effective was generation 1 vs generation 10?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

truly mind boggling to see Oliver North get on Fox News and rail against the Iranians for using weapons that were actually reverse-engineered from ones that he illegally sold that same regime in the 80's.

It's all such a racket.

justingroves likes this.
  10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

... are still used extensively in both areas. There is an entire battalion of Grey Eagles in SWA.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

civilian casualties are not a metric of increased effectiveness of a precision attack weapon. or I should say, INCREASING civilian casualties isn't

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It's probably going to amount to nothing but I had to provide my passport number and new sizes (because my fat ass had to have a new vest). So there is at least some attention being given here to what is going on.

Tenacious D likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

Civilian causalities are unfortunately be a side effect as drone tech becomes more common though, at least for some period of time.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you would feel differently if your home was in a war zone. It was always the biggest knock against obama. it has only gotten worse because at least that admin was transparent about the numbers.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Stay safe, brother, and may it all amount to nothing.

16. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Thanks NA. Just to make sure I don't misrepresent ... all I do is keep helicopters flying as a maintenance lead. At any rate, I don't think there is any WW3 coming.

17. CardinalVol

I'm not saying I'm ok with it, I'm just saying that if it is going to be used there are going to be unwanted deaths.

War is hell. I'm more than ready to get out of the middle east and let them sort it out themselves.

18. Tenacious D

Oh, is Mecca in Saudi Arabia?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

agreed.

I think about the bombings of Dresden, London, and Tokyo in WW2. We have more precision now than we did, but clearly there is a horrifyingly strong drive by humans to win at literally any cost.

20. CardinalVol

Yup. And that is why war is hell.

We tried to establish a democracy there. It didn't work. Not sure it ever will. Let's get out and tell them good luck, and if you attempt anything like 9/11 again, we'll be back to visit.