POLITICS Iran

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by kptvol, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’d like to go on record as saying that I didn’t change IP’s avatar, and have no idea who did.

I’d also like to add that I welcome anyone to change Indy’s avatar, and at anytime.

IP and Indy like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

you are going to have to show me where I said anything about his actions not being attributable to Iran.

you've filled in a bunch of blanks and assumed a LOT. I don't think it was smart or good to kill an Iranian general in Iraq at an airport with no congressional involvement. that's it, that's the position. all the shit about dualities or claims one way or another about the dude's actions does not exist. I didn't say anything about it. You are compelled to drum up a narrative where I am an apologist for the [uck fay]ing ayatollah to deflect from any substantive disagreement regarding the president's decision. It's funny.

Think about it. you're claiming ole atheist, free speech loving IP is white knighting the [dadgum] ayatollah. It makes no sense. it's flat out bullshit.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I take it I should have picked up bread and milk on the way home then.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Duh. How else are you supposed to prepare for WW III or 1/4'' of Tennessee snow? We're talking survival here.

warhammer likes this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I now own all the bread and milk and you can have some if you pry it out of my cold dead hands.

warhammer likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Simple, you prefer the Ayatollah of Iran to Trump.

Mystery solved - everyone back in the van.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

eat another scooby snack, shaggy.

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

A ton of Canadians.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

so more than a ton of Iranians?

The most numerous nationality on board that plane was iranian.

10. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can't recall the numbers but yes, most were Iranian. There were quite a few Canadians (not that many less than Iranians).

Edit: 82 Iranians; 63 Canadians; 11 Ukrainian; 3 British - there were others too but I didn't see the numbers. They were from Sweden, Germany, and Afghanistan.

11. TennTradition

Less than half were Iranian.

82 Iranians and 63 Canadians IIRC.

Just found it odd that so many Canadians were on board which is why I made the post.

12. Tenacious D

I think I read that Iran is now refusing to hand over the black boxes, but that was earlier today.

13. TennTradition

I do believe that if Iran shot this plane down, they didn’t realize it was a passenger plane or there was a mistake.

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is what I think may have happened

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

and I think trump knows it.

Tenacious D likes this.
  16. cpninja

cpninja Member

We'll see what happens but I think the plane is just a coincidence. Ukraine seemed to believe it was a simple crash from what I heard earlier but they were also pushing for a thorough investigation. Either way I assume it'll be clear pretty quickly depending on how cooperative the Iranians are

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didn't know the details of the explosion. Neither did you. Insult as you wish Google boy

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Tough few days for anti American folk

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I can assure you that if it was shot down the folks who need to know are aware.

Tenacious D likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why, what happened to you? Did you have trouble with your visa to Honduras, Costa Rica, or whatever country it is you planned on holing up in to die?