Irrational Orange Glasses, Orange Kool Aid 2020 National Champs Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 9, 2020.

1. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Aaaand it appears Maurer will transfer.

2. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Scheisse

warhammer likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That's ok. I bet his feel and instinct is much better next year.

4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It can go only go up.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You sure about that?

reverendgeneral likes this.
  6. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Perhaps CJP has committed to reading him the riot act and slap him around for his weekly reminder of his responsibilities. I wonder if CJP gets him in a headlock knucklrubs his scalp and shouts hello McFly! Anyone at home?!!

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There’s some real 5* Life Champs tweeting at him tonight

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but that stuff really is mostly an either you have it or you don't. And, he doesn't.

We really, really need Bailey to beat JG out this spring. JG was not good when we were losing and he was not good when we were winning. He's a massive liability on a team actually looking like a possible contender next season.

9. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Start Bailey against Charlotte and roll with him into Oklahoma. If he struggles mightily, pull JG off the bench like we did this season to see if he can spark us for a W. I wouldn't mind this if that's the plan.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

11. The Big O

The Big O Contributor

Some of those replies are embarrassing. I'm not a fan of JG. I don't think he's great by any means. But I do respect him giving his all for us (even after all the beatings he took from defenses and the mass criticism from fans.) But some of that stuff that was said is pretty embarrassing as a Vols fan and I can only imagine what some recruits think seeing it.

justingroves, A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I think really down deep most do to, (meaning respect for the beatings he's taken, he does try). Speaking for myself it's mostly humor, at least attempted.

13. Ssmiff

@Unimane yes sarcasm. People are either generally aware or unaware. He will be doing the same stuff, except no JJ or Callaway to bail him out. He still wont see grass like Burrow and go take it when he sees the back of an lbs jersey in pass coverage. He will still not step up in the pocket, nor will he feel blitzes or just make an athletic instinctive play. Makes me dread the season honestly. Same as last spring.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd prefer Bailey having to throw with his off-hand all season than JG take another snap.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Slant, out, fly. Those are our 3 routes JG will be throwing in his 5th year, 90% of the time. Add in he cant run and there is no easier QB to defend in football.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, the guy has gave his body up for Tennessee, I'll always respect him for that. He is not a good quarterback, though

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

justingroves likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Talk about killing positive vibes. JG starting is a good way to get me to care a lot less about UT football.

20. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I just hope a loss to Charlotte isn't what it takes for the staff to realize again that we need not play JG at QB.