Is 3-4 enough to get him out?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Sep 17, 2017.

?

Is 3-4 enough to get Jones out?

1. Yes, 4 losses will be enough to get him fired.

19.0%
  2. Going 3-4 will do it, but 4-3 with a later loss would save him.

9.5%
  3. Only 5 losses on the season will get him out.

23.8%
  4. He'll be back next season as long as he wins 7 games.

47.6%
  1. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

My guess is 65-70k max this week

2. But the problem is that for this year at least, they really don't. The majority of the tickets are long since bought and paid for with season ticket packages. Of course, they can look at the stadium and November and project some pretty bleak sales for 2018.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's true, but the boosters have their hands in businesses that rely on people travelling to games.

4. 7-5 or worse gets him fired. I could see inbound losses to UGA, Alabama, LSU, and at least one of UK/Vandy/USC. Probably two of those games.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We honestly have the horses to beat all those teams minus Bama.

LSU is the only one that should even be a toss up in year five, but at home, that one should lean toward win, too.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Tennessee is a laughingstock under Butch Jones - nationally known for "champions of life," a garbage can, and routinely snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If you cant win the east in 5 years, you dont return for a 6th..i dont care who you are.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama should be a hard fought game that's close.

8. The talent is certainly on the roster. The problem is the trumpet-blowing choad we have leading them.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Should, but Butch

10. Good point.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I think DooleyButch have damaged the expectations of UT football so much that many expect losses to FL, Bama, GA, and LSU to be respectable. It's the 5th loss that would be to a USCe, Mizzou, KY, or Vandy that would be the nail.

I do think 8-4 gives him a 75% chance of returning so he might not survive. But, it would take the 5th loss to pull the plug in season.

12. TDVol1989

Of course, all this changes if he has a motorcycle wreck with his girlfriend on the back.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's a ****ing nerd, though.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Maybe we can get him accidentally drugged and on a motorcycle with NYY in his special rear flap underwear outfit?

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If UGA beats our face in a couple weeks from now I announce it the next day, but that's me.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I announce it now and get it out of the way.

Everyone knows he's a Deadman walking.

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Well, there's this too.

18. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think if Neyland is half full of Dawg fans like what happened in South Bend, Butch is gone by the following Monday.

19. TDVol1989

I just don't know if any rational logic applies. It's all a crapshoot. Currie is somewhat unknown. Until he speaks, we don't know. Does Davenport really support Butch? Rucker busted out Butch a bit, but said it isn't time for him to go. So, the local media is still waffling. We now have a generation of Vol fans that see UT, KY, Vandy, So Car as similar. They don't know any better. Of course, they don't have any money either. So, then you have big money players. Are they pissed yet or becoming indifferent? Everything from the University in the last 8 yrs suggests a mediocre Football program is acceptable.

I think it comes down to 3 strikes. The debacle in Gainesville was strike 1 as it was clearly a showcase of Butch. My guess is the turnout will be down a bit this week, but that will be blamed on the weather. GA will likely have a strong turnout so IF there is a beat down with televised GA fans taking over Neyland, that's strike 2. Strike 3's are a loss to either Vandy, USCe, or Mizzou. A lucky win over LSU takes back a strike. So, I think we have to agonize through it...unless Currie starts showing up.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wait until the clock hits 00:00 on the UMass game and then appear on the Jumbotron. "Congrats on the big win, coach! You're ****ing fired!" Then maybe have PA blast some catchy hip hop song so everybody can dance.