Is Holly Warlick a Lesbian?

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Tenacious D, Apr 24, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wow, had no idea about that.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Metro Pulse had a good article on him a few years ago.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The GD Germans got nothing to do with it!

Sheriff_B_T_Justice2_sq90.jpg

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Yep. He was openly gay even while at Tennessee. There is a funny story about Bill Battle finding out Jackie was gay. Battle had found out days before Jackie's NFL Draft party. When Battle arrived at the party he was first greeted by Jackie's twin sister and he automatically assumed it was Jackie in drag.

5. Boiler23VolFan

Boiler23VolFan New Member

I'm a former Purdue athlete. I support Holly Warlick. She has given 27 seasons to UT. She practically coached the team last season. Her sexual orientation shouldn't matter. She is more than qualified to be the head coach. Pat Summit has two years left on her contract. Go Holly! Win number nine while Pat's still there.

Anyone know why Holly wears a ring on her left ring finger? Just wondering? Not sure if it's a wedding band, fashion ring, or just a decoy. Anyway hope she's not taken...this lesbian would love to be the next Mrs. Warlick! But seriously...she is a great coach. I wish her the best of luck. Much love! Go Vols! Go Boilers!

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I wish Holly the best of luck, of course - but she faces some tall challenges....not the least of which is the entire situation with Pat.

I also wish you the best of luck in landing her, Boiler23, if she is indeed a lesbian and not taken.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Everyone welcome orangetaz....

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yes, Warlick is definitely walking into a rough situation. By that I mean she is unproven and is replacing the most well-proven coach ever in her sport.

9. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

In women's BB I think it's a bigger story if you are involved in the sport and you aren't a lesbian or don't receive an AARP card.

10. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

If that's the case, Welcome taz! I suggest you check out jhdabrick's Thunderdome Central thread. You will likey.

Warlick is in taz's wheelhouse. She sure isn't too bony.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Genius thread title for Google searching purposes.

12. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

She had pretty long relationship with Nell Fortner. While she did not openly publicize it, but I don't think she went to great links to hide it.

There is at least 1 other HC at UT that is openly homosexual. There is another person is a prominent position in the UTWAD that is in a leadership position with the LGBT in Knoxville (There was an article about it in the Knox news a few months back).

There are homosexual people in almost every AD across the country. A coach is a coach and Warlick should be judged as a coach. I see no reason that her personal life should be a subject of concern unless she does something to warrant it, and being homosexual alone should not be subject enough in this day and age.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Interesting discussion, though

14. volroadwarrior

volroadwarrior New Member

Holly won't last long anyway. She follows a legend and we know how that usually goes. This year is probably a disaster according to Lady Vol standards because of graduation. She is already losing good recruits. Even after she gets fired, chances are a lesbian will be hired in her place. So get over it and hope she will be competitive.

15. Boiler23VolFan

Boiler23VolFan New Member

Today is Holly's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Holly! :)

16. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Holly is gay, she hired her girlfriend to be an assistant to the HC; Janet McGee from LC who was the AD.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I hide my blackness pretty well.

18. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

The one that follows the legend usually has a short tenure. It will have nothing to do with her sexual orientation. It would affect things in the past because some people would stop attending and some parents would not allow their kids to play for a gay coach. But most folks have moved on from that today.