Is Martin over-achieving?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Feb 9, 2012.

1. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

It's February and we're still hopeful for this team's chances.

That's a pretty good start as far as I'm concerned.

2. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

I think hes doing about what should have been expected. Hes won a couple of games no one thought he would and lost some that are serious head scratchers. He did land Stokes but Stokes wanted to play mid year and really had limited options. I dont think its fair to see he is a great recruiter yet. If he gets Nichols from Memphis then Ill say he is. Stokes was a gift.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think anyone is sold on his recruiting abilities at this juncture, but closing the deal on Stokes even with all of the inherent advantages he had is nice.

4. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, that is really impressive considering we've played UK and UF twice.

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Vols could very easily be 8-2 in conference play. Close out GA and UK, and trip up MSU and they are right there in the mix.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

UK has played one more game than UT and only allowed 12 more points. Still, to be second only behind UK is very impressive for this team.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Well crap. Missed that little fact.

Also, wasn't CCM's goal to hold the SEC to 60 ppg and 40%?

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He has made his team better as the year has gone on. He has holes in the roster specifically at PG, but 1-3 have to be quite a bit better. McCrae needs to grab a gear. The rest will be new players IMO.