Is Rick Barnes Committed to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 2, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gotta balance the books. States don't fund like they used to.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I like Barnes. Guys play with confidence or they sit. Attack offensively and defensively or sit. Hopefully it pays off soon. Still missing a dominate big man and a nasty spot up shooter. Grant is unreal. He anticipates and gets off the floor quicker than anyone out there. Deceptive body for that skill.

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I believe that can in part be attributed to the lottery/hope, though I wouldn't at all claim to be an expert on the topic.

4. Ssmiff

Looking forward to watching and discussing some hoops this year. Hopefully there are a few here that care to. Still in long search of a takeover pg for years now.

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I'm excited about the team. Could definitely see us surprising people

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

nah man none of these guys were top 100 croots

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Like to see how Bone has progressed.

8. hallowed_hill

Williams is going to go down as an all-time favorite vol. Interested to see what fulkerson can do. I agree on bone... he flashed crazy potential a couple times. And these transfers could bring it all together with the ability to score from the perimeter. We shall see.

9. Ssmiff

Williams is one of the quickest players off the floor I've seen I orange. Never would have thought that with my first impression.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Put up or shut up year.
    This team should make the tournament.

11. Ssmiff

I think we make it last year if Fulk was healthy. That kid has some instincts and brought energy that we needed.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Yes.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not even mad. Just do it or we will find someone who will. This school should be in the tourney every year

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup. Pretty shocked that the preseason polls have them so low. They've got makings of a pretty good team.

15. Ssmiff

one thing I've seen with Barnes that particularly showed up with Shembari last year is when you get in the game, you better be ready to shoot, d up, be aggressive and play. If you come in and hand the ball off to a true freshman with 4 seconds left on the shot clock, you will sit back down. I liked him. Strong first step, one foot jumper, good stroke. He just never improved over his one offensive move and ballhandling never improved. Lack of ballhandling from our guards over the last no telling how many years has been below average.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

This seems like a roster that will win the games that it should and easily make the tournament field. Hoping for some quality basketball this year.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

18. hallowed_hill

The elephant in the room, obviously, is how do you replace sweet lew's production?

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

20. Ssmiff

wonder who the player that frustrates me the most will be. It's been Hubbs for awhile as he would take naps with the ball in the air at times.