Is Rick Barnes Committed to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 2, 2017.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Group effort. No one man is capable

2. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Don’t think we make the NCAAT. Too many good SEC teams and most of them likely made bigger strides/additions than we did. We probably finish 9-11 in the SEC again.

Missouri will jump us with all that talent influx and I expect LSU to jump as well. Teams like UGA/TAMU/Ole Miss/Alabama will stay strong and potentially better. Then you have UK/FLA/Arkansas at the top. Vandy is probably about equal and USCjr lost a lot but probably a little better or equal. I guess we may only be ahead of Auburn and MSU.

3. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Tennessee will be an NCAA tourney team. Missouri is not jumping shit with Cuonzo at the helm.

4. midtownvol83

I think they do just this year. But then he will lead them to similar results of what he did at UT after the Porter brothers go pro after this season.

5. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

If we don’t make the tourney this year, Barnes needs to be sent packing

6. midtownvol83

He definitely gets next year - and honestly potentially a year after that unless he’s just terrible. Doesn’t deserve it but that’s the way I see it going since they’re convinced he was a slam dunk hire.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have no idea who you guys are talking about. Amazing how little I know about the team now. Don't even know if I've watched more than 2 or 3 Barnes-coached games. Just pressed pause.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Same here. Even in the media in Knoxville, you hear very little about the team or recruiting. They've definitely become an after thought, it seems.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

A horribly bad football team during a dismal 10 year period in football will do that to all the sports. It just becomes the focus of everything.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I love basketball though. Moreso than football. Barnes kids play hard and attack on offense. No 36 and 38 point games. They've just been limited with size, some skill, good pg and consistent shooters, but have been in some games like UNC that we had no reason being in.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

beaten UK twice at home, too

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm too tired to be posting

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Football is the front porch to your institution.

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's an excellent basketball coach. Slam dunk might be a bit strong, but he's excellent. His recruiting hasn't been tremendous, but I think this team is an NCAA tournament team.

15. midtownvol83

FYI - first exhibition game tonight. I believe it is being streamed at utsports.com.

16. Ssmiff

17. Ssmiff

we may have more shooters on this team than any team in awhile to help stretch out the d.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

What time?

19. Ssmiff

Newman packing in the zone to force us outside. we have @ 20 offensive rebounds to their 1. Fulk is back and I love his energy. Bone, Turner, Bowden, Daniels all with at least 2 3's. And Darrington, the king launcher, not even playing. new kid derrick walker looks 37 years old. We are gonna d up and launch often. If you like old school ball, its not going to be a team to watch.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

love the way williams plays in the post. no bs. gets the ball, makes a quick move