Is Rick Barnes Committed to Tennessee?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Mar 2, 2017.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Every coach isn't thinking you should be sitting pretty at 4-6 after getting blown out by a team with a losing record.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'm talking about almost every coach thinking they can turn it around and need time and know, outside of Saban and a few, that bad seasons are gonna happen. They almost all think that way or they stop coaching.
    Barnes may not even watch the games and see what we see.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

And even if they did, they wouldn’t be so careless and arrogant as to say it.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He’s not saying what every coach says. He’s saying what all the mediocre ones say.

utvol0427 and Unimane like this.
  5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like a really dumb thing to say on the outset of a make or break season. If I'm Currie, he's now next on the chopping block. Better make the tournament.

6. Ssmiff

again I just think he's taking up for a coach and friend and not afraid to say whatever he wants. I also disagree that top 25 alltime wins is mediocre.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Who gives a shit what he accomplished elsewhere? Hasn’t done a damn thing at Tennessee, and that’s all that should matter to us.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah I don’t think his job prospects are too hot right now.

9. Ssmiff

yes he does need to win, but a couple difficult seasons during a 25 year career doesn't equal a mediocre coach.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He averages about 21 wins per year.

11. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Eh, I took the quotes as disjointed. The guy praised Currie for how he handled everything. He never said Butch shouldn't have been fired. His hypothetical was about a coach that wins 9 games or bowl games or CFP every season--something Jones sure as hell isn't doing right now.

I still don't see the big deal.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He's basketball Fulmer. Had a lot of talent, won a lot of games, but not a lot of hardware to show for it. He's at the start of his 31st year as a head coach and he only has 1 outright regular season conference championship.