Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 2, 2016.

1. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Jones on Reeves-Maybin ejection: “I’m really interested in seeing it. I’ve had a number of calls from coaches who thought it was 50/50. … I’m all for player safety but this is also a senior trying to make a play.”

2. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

Yes. It is on us.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

File that in with some of the quotes he made about the chart and time spent researching game decisions from last year.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I have a bad memory, but I'm fairly certain we could come up with a pretty lengthy Butch Jones' whoppers thread.

5. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I'm sure Urban, Saban, and Chip Kelly were blowing his phone up.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Didn't he try to say we were still the youngest team in America last year?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No one calls him right after a game, I would imagine. He's just blowing smoke

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

JRM was griping with an APPST guy who he thought horse collared him during that series (maybe 3rd down, the play before punt), got no call, was pissed, decided to tattoo that guy, targeted him and deserved to get tossed.

Simple.

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

how old is butch?
    dude still has a face full of pimples

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Debord misdialed calling down from the booth looking for his nurse and night tonic.

11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

i am not sure what i expected. but the minute i saw his scared, pimply face, in-over-his-head, ass - I was just totally deflated after being excited about football returning.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hit a guy that didn't fair catch a punt

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The real question is, why is Jalen Reeves-Maybin on the punt coverage, especially after losing Maggitt to a broken hip last year while he was on the punt team

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Bingo.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

The chart.

16. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

C'mon JG, it's because he's a senior. You can't trust the special teams to youngins, they're too young.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Considering our depth at LB it is a good question - especially on coverage. You can at least make a case that the al American punt returner needs to be out there even if he is our starting CB.

18. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

What the hell was that bush league bullshit with jones interrupting app st's post game huddle. What a piece of shit.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Go back and reread your post, but stop where it says "jones"

20. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Maybe he was asking their coach if he agreed that playing from the shotgun on the goal line in OT was brilliant.