POLITICS Israel/UAE Diplomatic Agreement

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Indy, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Some of you tell me why it's good, and the rest of you tell me why it's bad.

TIA.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No clue and knowing that area of the world I will let you know my opinion in 2-5 years.

justingroves likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Y'all aren't very helpful.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Its something we have been trying to accomplish for years. Peace between Israel and its Arab neighbors has been a focus for years and this administration finally pulled it off with this agreement. Big time accomplishment.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's an accomplishment for this administration. How big? I'm not sure. UAE sought this out to curry some favor with the administration and Israel is keen on recognition in the area. It's not nearly as big as the Camp David Accords, but certainly something to be proud of being a part of doing for this administration. It's definitely not bad, so any attempt to portray this negatively should be criticized.

The problem in this region which is really concerning is the conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran, the ever present Shia vs. Sunni antagonism which has been ratcheting up for a while.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a major accomplishment. We have seen these kinds of things in the past, the trick is to build on them faster than they erode away. Ultimately Palestinians need some kind of future and security, without compromising Israel's (and vice versa). Annexing territory kind of makes that impossible, so it is a positive that annexation is being paused.

justingroves likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree, it seems great. I'm expecting everyone involved to be dead soon and a restart over there though

Ssmiff likes this.