It has been a wildly successful year

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tvolsfan, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You won’t hear me say that penalties were the “difference” in the game. We were gonna struggle to offset the Hooker injury/fumble no matter what. But any fair criticism of the defense has to recognize that they literally weren’t allowed to stop the opposing offense on two VERY key possessions.

Yesterday was an “every possession matters” kind of football game. That magnifies bad calls that kill drives, bad calls that keep drives alive, and no calls that keep drives alive. We were victim to all 3.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

I guess this is an issue of cognitive dissonance: I want attention from others, but intellectually I recognize attention seeking as abhorrent. I therefore have this routine where I seek attention but immediately feel ashamed for having done so. I then try to go out “honorably” by demanding to be executed. You guys tried a different tack by doing everything possible short of banning me and I must say it’s been effective.

In a predictably petty effort to take some control back I’ll say that this is my last post. I’m Jerry Smith except no Beth would ever give me the time of day.

What a shame we didn’t achieve our destiny this season. Farewell

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not calling the chokehold on Baron on their touchdown run to go up 42-31 honestly shocked me. I probably shouldn’t have been, with the way things had gone to that point, but I thought there were limits.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The announcers were celebrating a TE block that "held the edge" where he hooked under the defender's arm and pulled him backwards.

Nothing will come of it. Life on the road, I guess.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Yup thought I saw it live and was obvious on repla and announcers just pretended never happened. I also don't get the coach worship like we saw with Drinkpiss last week and Butch Jr last night.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If Shitty Martinez is still on staff next year, I'll no longer have faith in Heupel being the guy.

zehr27, justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee had 9 guys in the box while South Carolina had a tight end at running back and Spencer Rattler had 3 or 4 touchdown passes. That is piss poor coaching.

Willie Martinez is a terrible defensive back coach who also has had to deal with a lot of injuries.

There's also not a lot of talent in the defensive backfield

OneForVol and SetVol13 like this.
  8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

So bad scheme is on DC and DB coach is trash

justingroves likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain