It may be time to cut ties with California

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, Feb 3, 2017.

1. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

California has accelerated on its' path to being a failed state. If you disagree, compare them to Germany/France/Sweden/etc. If not for the Federal Government slowing their pace, they would already be very much like those failed countries. They want out and for the good of the Republic, the other 49 should let them out. They no longer espouse the ideas of freedom and democracy. Their political ideology is incongruent with that of a free, prosperous and peaceful nation. What other solutions are there that will turn California from their current path? Withholding their federal funding will not. Restricting their representation will not. Sending in National Guard or Federal troops will not. They can no longer be allowed to force their incongruent political ideology on the other 49 who largely do not share the same.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why won't withholding federal funding do it? I want to see you type it.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

4. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

You want to see me type it? Pervert. My answer is pretty simple, withholding Federal Funds won't achieve the end goal and only accelerates them toward a failed state. Trump has threatened this twice now, I don't agree.

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

No trolling. With CalExit becoming more popular and may even make it to ballot, I think it merits serious discussion.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm for preserving the union. I also reject the notion that California is way out of line with the rest of the country. They're out of line with YOU, but they are part of a majority.

7. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

The fact that police stood down and allowed peaceful people to be attacked, is sick. Then, the next day, for there not to be a large outcry but mostly excuse making and in some political circles encouragement of that type of behavior is very telling. Sad really to see what California has become and it will not get better. The political leadership in the state has obviously become radicalized and it is seeping down into the populace. Add to that fact that the state embraces being overrun by people from cultures that do not understand freedom and democracy. It is a recipe for disaster and all the signs are there.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

You can't preserve the Union when you give so much weight to a politically radicalized state. California is pulling the US in a direction that a large % of the country doesn't want to go. The marriage is becoming toxic to both parties.

9. NorrisAlan

Throwing away 13.4% of the USA's GDP would be stupid.

I will never understand this need and desire to carve up stuff (like the splitting up of Czechoslovakia). It just weakens you.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

November election results don't exactly agree with you, but I don't really care. I'm for Cali doing what it wants. Stay, go, fight the feds, whatever. I think it's good for the country when states push back.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

11. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

There's a big difference between California far left craziness and a good bit of a Hillary voters.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

This country needs California far more than California needs it

13. NorrisAlan

Who needs all those miles of coastline, ports, infrastructure, millionaires and billionaires and 2.5 trillion GDP?

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is silly. Mississippi or Arkansas are more readily failed states than California, which is one of the most vibrant economic areas of the world. And Germany and Sweden are failed states? By what measure?

And, where do you get this idea that California is out of line with the people of the rest of the country? Plenty of people in other parts of this country voting along the same line as them in this recent election and most certainly in 2008 and 2012.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't Mess with California!

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Look, don't combat Ben's insanity with an even greater but opposite insanity.

You'd be a Mexican controlled province within 6 months.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we have lost of transplants. we are literally a microcosm of the country if not the world. one area does not think the same as other areas. hell it varies by neighborhoods.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I think that happened at least a decade ago

19. Tenacious D

Federal troops wouldn't work?

[​IMG]

20. Tenacious D

Fair.

Stinging, but fair.