It may be time to cut ties with California

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, Feb 3, 2017.

1. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So 'Yes California' is lead by a Trump supporter and the movement has significant support from Russia? Sounds legit.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

They would at least make it to the first devastating earthquake.

3. GahLee

Diagree. They may start hashing out an exit strategy but I doubt they would be dumb enough to not at least sit back and see how it pans out.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

remember where that story about the US splintering came from about 5 or so years ago?

Russia. This is starting to make sense.

6. GahLee

Oh they wouldn't get off that easy. **** you, pay me. Believe that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

you know they contribute way more to the federal treasury than they receive, right?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's inconvenient that California is successful. Obviously most other states couldn't operate like California, but that any state can undermines the anarchists who want the Somalian model to become the norm.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Without California, Trump Would've Won 1.4 Million More Popular Votes Than Clinton

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...n-14-million-more-votes-than-clinton-n2261014

And as the Trump folks point out they did not campaign in California. If the election were about popular vote rather than electoral college vote then their strategy would have been different.

In the football game on Sunday the rules say that the team with the most points wins. If the rules were changed that the team with the most yards wins then the strategy would be different.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  10. GahLee

Which makes them impervious.

11. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Not true. While they get less back than they give, it is close to even.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pelosi is indeed a Butch Jones type of leader.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

That simply isn't true. Imagine the cost of doing business independently.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've never bought that argument. Droves of Californian democrats didn't bother voting because the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, but you could say the same about any and every state that was a hard Trump or Clinton lean. It's an impossible situation to guess.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And the Dems keep appointing her.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree - but I guess that's my problem with the original statement.

I suppose one could at least look at total population of hard lean states and historical voter turnout for each party in blowout vs contested elections across the country and then extrapolate.

Regardless, it isn't a good argument to make because it is very complex.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

...and she is the Peoples Champion isn't a good argument to make by anyone other than Butch Jones.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But in the context of California vs. the rest of the nation (which is what I believe started the discussion), the 1.4mil+ in Trump's favor is relevant.