It may be time to cut ties with California

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by ben4vols, Feb 3, 2017.

1. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How do you lose something that you do not seek or try for. Trump never sought or tried to win the popular vote. He sought the Electoral Vote and Won.

But if the Butchism makes you feel better; Hillary won the Peoples Championship, Life Championship, and has a 5 Star Heart. Congrats Hillary.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You mean if California were to exit?

Yes, it's relevant to say the landscape of America would be very different.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It is absolutely distinguishable in their minds. They want to depart because they view themselves as so different from the rest of us. Is that difficult to understand.

4. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

However you want to state it, they are no different than a bunch of other states as far as how much return they get per dollar sent in.

5. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I wouldn't say I am applauding it, but it has become necessary.

6. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Well, California and a few other states are way out of line with "middle America" or "flyover country". Which is fine. They have a different vision about what they want and how they want to get there. More power to them. But, I'm tired of them dragging the majority of the country with them down a road that I and many others do not want to go.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What do you mean "majority of the country"? It wasn't too far in the recent past that the current one party control of the executive and legislative branch was Democrat and not Republican. I'd say that the vision and how they want to get there conception of America is a little more fluid than you are suggesting.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There were 20+ point swings from Obama to Trump in counties across the midwest. Folks just wanted change...both times. This is a moderate country (if you define left and right as Republican and Democrat.)

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

booo, you're terrible.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are exactly right, and that is really where much of the consternation and frustration comes from for any of us who isn't an independent, undecided sort of voter.

11. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Folks do realize that a good portion of California isn't crazy left right?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is that a joke about droski being fat?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

i assume it's like everywhere else, metro areas vs rural areas.

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Last I saw, Independents and Republicans outnumber Democrats. To your point though, the metro areas are left leaning and obviously calling the shots.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

[​IMG]

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

orange county is pretty right and it's a metro area, but yeah.

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I know there was/is a movement for part of the state to breakoff.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is true in almost all states. It means nothing and will amount to nothing.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It probably will amount to nothing, but I think it was a little more advanced than you are giving it credit for.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember the part of Colorado that wanted to split off. Made no practical sense, just crying over water rights they weren't entitled to