It starts today

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kmf600, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Give it a bit and they'll turn into Russians.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

First was all T. Second was all shade.

3. Tenacious D

I'm for you, TT. Stomp, wave, shake your fist, go on a march, whatever it takes.

Had Hillary been sworn in today, I'd be just as upset, and wouldn't be nearly as restrained.

It is what it is.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you defending the honor of neo nazis, or of Trump protesters? I think your knee jerk is out of calibration. Neo nazis protesting and smashing things only looks good for Trump... right?

5. Tenacious D

I'm saying that they can be whomever you want, IP. Or whatever they are reported to be, if there's any difference.

The day has been too great, for me to worry with responding to this.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The early commentary on his budget has made me giddy. The trillion dollar infrastructure spend blows but gotta keep big G up somehow when you're canning stupid crap like the national endowment for the arts.

7. Tenacious D

I await the response of The People - both well and ill, for and against - when they see the sheer size of money that we spend on stuff like this, in one lump sum.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

On the contrary, I think Dr. King's methodology did win people over to his side. He didn't smash things, he didn't yell curses or make clever insulting signs, etc. I'd say Dr. King knew exactly how civil disobedience can short circuit the opposition.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, they can't be whomever I want or whatever they're reported to be. They are whatever they are.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't wait to see how you're gonna spin the debt and deficit in 3 or so years.

11. Tenacious D

Ok. I was, and remain quite willing, to take you at your word.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm just saying it doesn't matter what I want them to be. If it were up to me, it'd be Butch Jones.

13. Tenacious D

You can go here and sign up at the White House site, to receive regular updates from President Trump, and see it unfold in near real-time.

Link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/transitionsplash/

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The peaceful transfer of power is what makes America already great. The Obamas wishing the Trumps well with hand shakes and hugs and kiss, then boarding their aircraft: that's reassuring. I hope we see it again in 4 years.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I figure he'll tweet it.

16. Tenacious D

Well, the White House site has been completely updated, and the "Top Issues" list is both starkly different, and telling:

Link: https://www.whitehouse.gov/

17. Tenacious D

I'd be upset, too, IP, had Hillary won.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You presume that I don't understand the problem. You assume I don't know how steep the hill has become. The cat is out of the bag and getting it back in isn't short term. It starts with gutting D.C. and re-establishing US manufacturing.

Growth beyond Obamas awful record will happen. It won't be enough. We generate enormous interest expense today and can't overcome it short term. Manufacturing base and a D.C. That doesn't spend for future votes is the only solution. Can one guy change that? Does one guy have time? Can he make a dent? CN he change philosophy?

This had to start somewhere?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The economy is what makes America great, period.

20. Tenacious D

82nd Airborne HQ, 12:01pm EST.

No joke.

Go Army!

[​IMG]