It Was Quite a Struggle...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 13, 2018.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

..but Coach Pruitt managed to find that SEC-West win that was so elusive for some other coaches after an exhausting one attempts.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

[uck fay] Auburn.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn!

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Haha. I love it.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I got to see 3 minutes until the half then about 12 minutes of the 4th. Glad I got to see the clock hit 0!

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This gives me a lot of hope for the future. This is the kind of win that jones and Dooley never got in their first two seasons, let alone their first. That was superior coaching. Auburn had the better defense, the better line, faster players... and we just out x'd and o'd them.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pruitt has called a great game today

Memtownvol and Oldvol75 like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We got issues but we were hitting people today when we werent whiffing. Young dbs play with an attitude.

Memtownvol and Oldvol75 like this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The thing I noticed that really blew me away:

They were [uck fay]ing with Stidham's little brain. Frequently, they would leave the slot guy uncovered or with a safety 10+ yards off... and then right at the snap someone else slides over and covers him or they change the coverage, so he'd be staring at that guy looking for a quick hit... that wasn't there. And then he'd get pressured and do something dumb. They did that to him A LOT, and had a lot to do with his shitty performance. They had seemingly keyed in on his pre-snap read tendencies, and instead of taking them away they sabotaged them completely.

justingroves likes this.
  10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Definitely. Going into the season I thought UF would be our only chance at that type of game. But Auburn has proved to not be as good as we thought they would be and became a target.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I had to grumble about something, I'd wonder why we didn't air it out and take those shots as much against Florida and WVU..

JudgmentVol and Memtownvol like this.
  12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Tell him @Ssmiff

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont know. Guessing with bad OL in practice and drops and JG awareness as well as JJ not healthy, maybe they didn't know they could do it. UF game first drive we did try to take a shot and took a sack/fumble.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

OL is still not good but they re getting closer in the passing game.

IP likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Best hope for a run game is throwing to set up the run. And just hope the OL can stalemate the LOS for edge runs

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I liked Fulmer on the sidelines; especially hugging Jennings.

What was his letter back to an admin one time, saying something like, “the only number people care about is under the W column”?

It’s good to see football taking a front seat again.

Tenacious D, NYY and IP like this.
  18. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Our receivers played great. Pruitt made good choices. I like that he was playing for 1st downs late in 4th and not vag-ging about the clock.

Gotta figure out that run game, but I think this one will save the morale for the season. Legit shot at bowl.

And the fluke play...was to our benefit.

RevBubbaFlavel, justingroves and IP like this.
  19. Beechervol

Yeah. Running 80% of time between the tackles is asking for 2nd and 3rd and long.

20. Beechervol

If they can figure out how to beat USC in 2 weeks they make a bowl game.