Its Simple

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

If you think Jeremy Pruitt is not the guy. No one can argue with you right now.

If you think he should be fired now or after a 1- 3 win 2nd season. You re standing on a very defensible hill.

If you think Pruitt should be fired because the next guy is going to be the guy. You will then have an argument you cant win right now.

I think he knows football. I dont think he understands the complexity of an entire program. I cant imagine how he sells this on the recruiting trail and changes it there. He needed to hold serve and not look incompetent in year 2 to get a good class. He has all but completely killed that.

His only play right now is rolling with Maurer and hope by SC they can look serviceable again. He is throwing more dirt on his own casket with every snap JG takes now.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got to go with Maurer. He's a coordinator learning how to be a head coach. He's got, on paper, a hell of a staff. It does not translate on the field. It's hurting recruiting.

He's not getting fired until next November at minimum.

I want him to succeed, but it's not looking good.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If he’s getting a third year we are [uck fay]ed regardless

TDVol1989, TimRoo and A-Smith like this.
  4. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I’m officially out. He isn’t bright enough to run the show at this level. He is completely lost.

TDVol1989, lylsmorr and A-Smith like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Im not saying dont pull the trigger, but if you do, you better have the big fish on the line with no if, anda or buts.

This program cannot handle another blind ass coaching search.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Dan Mullen’s HS offense just rolled us up and they had 5 carries for -1 yards from the QB.

I’ve been told he can only coach that way. He just took a guy that hasn’t started since middle school and embarrassed us.

vols85 and A-Smith like this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

He accomplished the same thing as the simpleton on the Georgia State sideline. Tap the brakes a bit.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Don’t get me wrong...I have no confidence that UT will make any kind of decent hire...but we aren’t going anywhere with this guy.

JT5 and lylsmorr like this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

You can keep him, and continue to lose. Or hire another one and continue to lose. About the only way I see it. We can sit here and talk all day long "if we hire the right coach" we can get it turned around, and I 100% agree, but who believes theres even a slight chance we go out and make the "right hire"? How many chances do we need to get it right?

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Malzahn is 4-0 if here and playing maurer. Firmly believe he would be.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

If I'm Phil I'm on the phone at this very moment. The only way he survives is if he comes to the board with a plan to can Pruitt in October when he's 1-7 and he's already got a decent replacement ready to sign. I'd swing for the fences with Urban, Patterson, and Peterson, but probably just hire Leach.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The same people are still running the show behind the scenes. So UT will still get the same results

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS and A-Smith like this.
  13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I’m not convinced a big fish even really does it. I’m putting it at 50/50.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He doesn't know what he's doing and seems clueless as to how to get to where he wants to be.

RockyHill and A-Smith like this.
  15. TimRoo

TimRoo Member

It's the same setup as Dooley. Someone who has never proven himself as a head coach having two losing seasons to start his career at Tennessee. Dooley got the third year he never should have, and turned it into his third losing season. That's exactly what happens if Pruitt stays.

That's not to say the next guy even hits Butch Jones levels of success here. He likely won't. But open the checkbook, hire someone who's proven he can win as a head coach, and maybe, just maybe, it can happen.

Yep, exactly my thoughts. But I think we can all agree Tennessee isn't where coaches blossom into champions. Those Fulmer days are long gone.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

There’s no route where you can hire an up and comer or a maybe this time. The program needs to be rebuilt by a proven coach

TDVol1989 and TimRoo like this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dooley at least had the sense to not start things off with two coordinators who'd never been coordinators.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Zero chance he gets fired this year.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The right person had this program on even ground in 1 season and ascending quickly thereafter.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'd be surprised if he finishes the season.

warhammer likes this.