Its Time (past time actually)....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Oct 15, 2018.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

For Tennessee to construct a nice retirement package for Bob Kesling and allow him to ride off into the sunset.

Bob may very well be a fine human being, from what I have heard, he is just that. But a good play by play guy, he is not. The below group of clips was atrocious at best.

Give the man a great package and/or salary in some other role, for all I care, to not call football games anymore.

That is all.

justingroves and JudgmentVol like this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Who do we get to perform the musical tribute "Into the cheggarboards" at his retirement banquet? Lil' Jon?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Weird Al Yankovic.

Savage Orange likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I listened to the entire broadcast Saturday and it was horrible... I know it’s hard to be the guy after The Guy but Kesling is flat out awful. Always has been.

5. Savage Orange

I was thinking Spike Jones... the one from the 40’s...

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I have a feeling Tim Priest looks at Bob during games the way Pruitt does during the coach's show

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The problem is that the guy after The Guy shouldn't be around for 20 years.

Savage Orange likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hot dang. Hard to believe it’s been that long.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I have inherited this weird habit from my papaw, when he would get too nervous to sit and watch Tennessee play, as I do now - where he’d just go outside and piddle in the garage / yard (rake leaves, sweep garage, straighten shit up...easy and mindless tasks) at various points in the game, and while listening to it on the radio.

There are usually a few of those times that I just turn the radio off, because I get so damned frustrated listening to Bob Kesling call a game.

It’s absolutely amazing how many words that guy constantly uses - incessant chatter - and not a damned one of them makes one shit of a damned difference. Ever.

To review:
    I prefer ignorance of a game that I’m too nervous to even watch, and complete silence, to Kesling’s call.

I don’t even mean this as a dig at the guy, at all, but say this as a pure statement of fact.

Savage Orange and justingroves like this.
  10. Savage Orange

Agreed... it would help if he’d give down/distance correctly and pronounce players names right... especially the ones who’ve been around three years. He may be a warm wonderful and generous person outside of the booth but good lord he’s terrible in it. I didn’t think it could get worse than Florida’s PBP guy... listening to him it’s hard to tell if he’s either crying or having an orgasm but Kesling is even worse.

Time for the same forces that rallied to block Greg Schiano from getting the job to focus on moving Bob Kesling on to the next chapter of his life...

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am still waiting on what the score is in the 4th quarter in the Auburn game. I am sure he will say it any moment now.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I just want to know down and distance before every snap and the score at least twice a possession. When a Tennessee player tackles an opposing offensive player for a loss, it would be great to know that too.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

And how bout some enthusiasm when we make a big play.

14. Savage Orange

And for crimony sakes, know what the penalty actually is before saying anything. There was one call where he had us for a face mask, then it was a late hit out of bounds......

Turned out to be a hold.... on Auburn.

[uck fay] Kesling.

15. Savage Orange

I’d actually like to see Hat get the gig... how much fun would THAT be to listen to?!?

16. Savage Orange

What would be really funny is if Gruden got the axe in Oakland and finally did take a job at UT... as Kesling’s successor.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nigel Warrior hammers Auburn's RB for a 3 yard loss.

Bob: "Big hit that time by Nigel Warrior, nothing there"

This while Priest is "oohing" at the tee off shot Warrior just had

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Paul Bain splits a double team and tackles the Auburn RB for no gain at the 3 yard line

Bob: "Toss sweep, he'll be brought down, he's close but no score"

Jennings up the hashes with a leaping grab between 3 Auburn defenders, gets hammered and holds on

Bob: "Snap, Guarantano to throw, slant pass (it's not a slant), it's going to be...caught"

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Auburn screen in the 3rd quarter that loses 4 yards

Bob: "Caught it, but that's not going to make much yardage"

For God's sake, he lost 4 yards. Tell us he lost 4 yards.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

To be fair, Auburn moved their press box to the corner of the endzone. Can't see shit in regards to yardage.