Jalen Hurd Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Oct 5, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

1. A legit offensive coordinator

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The bad thing is, he doesn't get a lot of opportunities to use his power. He's either running laterally with guys all over him or taking a hand off from a stand still before heading towards the line.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think Kelly is much of a drop off. He isn't as big as Hurd or as shifty as Kamara but he runs like a bowling ball. We just haven't gotten to see much of him.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I think he's solid, but there will still be a drop off. I wonder how his pass protection is, because if Hurd doesn't play then that could be where he's missed the most.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

He's pretty damn fast too.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He blocks better than our tackles.

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

When does the weekly Butch blow up over "rumors and false information destroying families" happen?

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

She got all dressed up for that shit?

10. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

He is now day to day per Butch. Who knows what's really going on.

11. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

No.

12. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

You all think it's disciplinary that he hasn't been at practice?

13. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

If it was disciplinary, has Hurd not served his punishment by being forced to play in this shitty run design by Deboring for the past season and a half?

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When asked about Hurd, Butch stated that he cannot discuss injuries. He then spent several minutes discussing in detail the injuries of Kirkland and Reeves-Maybin. Nobody called him on it.

15. Tenacious D

Even if he got a concussion on the final kickoff (he didn't) - it still doesn't explain his absence at RB after he caught the TD.

And, even if Butch thought that Kamara was more productive, was pissed at lack of carries, etc., he picked a helluva time to try and make such a surprisingly abrupt adjustment, as that, and when he made it.

Butch Jones is at the apex of his power right now. It's never been 1/10th as great as it is now. If he wants a story squashed, God help a local guy who reports it, or even fails to aide in vigorously denying it. Plus, don't fail to fully realize that fans' attention to Tennessee has been significantly diminished (halved?) by this point been in each of the last dozen or so seasons. When roughly 98% of what you sell to advertisers are throngs of Tennessee's football-rabid fanbase, and that's tanked by game 3 or 4, nobody - and I mean nobody - is going to be the one who risks being the one who did anything to disrupt fan's passion and euphoria about this team. Imagine the reaction if someone came out and said it was a discipline issue, right now. Even if they were right, the blow back would be nuclear-grade. And if they then start losing, you get some portion of that blame, too.

So, no more access to TN, destroyed by fans for even reporting the allegation, and later blamed for being the ne'er do well who introduced some distraction that may have somehow and negatively affected the team, and/or shined a poor light on them, and what they've accomplished this far? Uh, no thanks.

This isn't that hard to deduce, fellas. Listen to JG and NYY.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Misinformation.

17. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Well he has beaten a shitty Florida team without their QB and a mediocre UGa team on a last second hail mary...he now answers to no one. He could pull off being a complete asshole in his pressers like Belichick or Saban but he can't not try and show people how smart he is in every way thus the complete diarrhea of the mouth.

18. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

It is quite sickening. I've had to take a leave of absence of pretty much anything UT related except just the games. Even his post game on field interview with CBS, I cut off the TV before I see him. I really can't stand seeing his smug dumbass.

19. Tenacious D

Says who? The reporters who see the first 10 minutes, essentially, warm ups?

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Typical.

Im buying the concussion idea on Hurd.