Jalen Hurd is the best running back since...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 27, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He was so much faster than Lewis and was hard to tackle. Lewis, as he got closer to draft, got worse. I understand it, but he never just dominated as a Vol. I thought he was the best back in the country, but Webb was homerun at any time type guy.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He helped that offensive line look good too, by just running around or through people.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's Hurd's problem, he's never shown out and won against an Alabama or Florida or in a big time game

4. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He did score TDs against both to put us up late in the game but you're right he still hasn't had a game where he completely took over

5. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Like to see 150 against UF.

I certainly understand why people would put Stephens ahead, but if I'm fielding a post 2000 squad, I'm taking Hurd.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We wouldn't even have a punter on the roster. We'd be the ballsiest 3-9 team in the country.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah and Stephens will always have 01 UF, Henry has 98 Arkansas and Lewis has Auburn

8. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

How soon y'all forget Montario Hardesty....

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

See I thought I remembered him running through a lot of people too, but I can't find many replays of that.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I liked Hardesty a lot, but he had the Cal run in 06, a bunch of injuries and glimpses of greatness and a spectacular senior year.

He sacrificed his body to be great for one year.

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He was a good one.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Were it not for injuries, his name would always be mentioned when talking about the all time greats that wore the orange IMO, he was that talented.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

It would be interesting to see what Hurd could do behind some of the lines the other greats ran behind and in a "under center" , I formation type offense.

He's definitely better than any of the RB's we've had since the days of Lewis, Henry and Stephens. Lewis may be the best of all IMO. He certainly was the best Ive seen in my days of watching. Cobb and Webb were playing during my days, but it was just before I was able to watch games and really understand what was going on. Garner, Hayden and Stewart were probably the first ones I really started noticing and following.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's good. Where does he rank? I'm not sure, but he's REALLY good.

Now, if you insist on running that botched abortion of an offense, at least go to a Pistol formation so we can run nautical metric shit ton of plays with this beast running downhill.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  15. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Would have loved to see what nincompoops like LeMarcus Coker and Onterrio Smith would have done had they not had mashed potatoes for brains.... I'll never really get over Reggie Cobb getting himself kicked off the team during Alabama week....

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Let us all pray that the offense we saw in the bowl game is the one they will be running all this year. At least it was more to what Hurd should be running behind.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Too bad we will be playing about 8 teams better than that NW team.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But you have to admit the fullback and tightend work will help this offense a ton if they stick with that.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a great counter to defenses practicing and scheming for the spread.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

yeah. I didn't follow spring practice. Do you know if we are lining up bigger more often?