POLITICS Jeffrey Epstein Case

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by RockyHill, Jul 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

best case scenario, he was quite literally allowed to attempt suicide twice while in federal custody, finally succeeding. that's the best case. that alone, even if exactly the truth, is highly suspicious and negligent.

he didn't have to be murdered for this to be a conspiracy.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Wouldn’t be an unreasonable response.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

SDNY’s statement is cryptically worded, basically saying that the investigation remains active and includes one conspiracy count.

4. TennTradition

Agree on last point.

First attempt was neck bruising. I think they responded to that with a suicide watch that was successful. Any questions start after that, IMO.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

No, I'm saying it doesn't matter what is true or discovered in an investigation. The conspiracy theories which will result from this will be astonishing, no matter what, short of taking down Trump, Clinton, Prince Andrew, Alan Dershowitz and a host of billionaires, public figures and entertainers.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

think of it from this perspective: if a millionaire in prison set to be investigated on connections to some of the richest and most powerful people on Earth can unexpectedly die even when it is clear he must be watched, what hope of safety or care is there for any other prisoner?

7. TennTradition

Again, the ‘clear he must be watched’ really only applies after the first attempt. And I agree questions should be raised about the response thereafter.

Was it really reasonable to lift the suicide watch at the end of July?

8. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Put him in a padded room, in a straight jacket and under 24/7 surveillance until trial if you have to.

I've already seen all kinds of crazy shit being thrown out and it is hard to decipher what is true, so I've ignored it all.

I've seen the doppelganger angle, with side by side pics of before and after death and the abnormalities involved.

The video being lost due to malfunction.
    The security guards being told to leave the area 3 hours before he was found dead.

That's just a few. Who knows if any of it is true. The pics could be a photoshop job, vast majority of us wouldnt be able to tell the difference if it was done well enough. The video and guard thing could be absolute bullshit but those two should be cleared up at some point.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

why are prisoners so unattended?

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

11. TennTradition

Expense?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

technology is there for that.

13. TennTradition

We don’t really care if they commit suicide?

14. GahLee

Monitored 24/7, you mean like suicide watch? Not at all much.

15. GahLee

Haha

You meant expense as in the prisoners themselves being expendable.

Hes talking about finances and video surveillance.

Pretty telling.

16. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

“That isnt something you feel on monday and goes away on Friday. If put on suicide watch, you should remain there until your trial. Period.”

Those are your words, not mine. What I meant was too much was that notion for all cases. It’s not appropriate or necessary, it’s not an arbitrary assessment. Sometimes people don’t need to be on suicide watch for more than a short time. I do believe that this case warranted eyes on him 24/7 and no possible way for him to commit suicide.

17. GahLee

Who here thought Epstien would see trial?

I certainly didn't.

This ending was almost a foregone conclusion. Whether he was suicided or not is the only question.

warhammer and RockyHill like this.
  18. TennTradition

That is a bit of a play on words, but it intended. I think those are the two main reasons we don’t do more - finances and give a damn.

19. GahLee

I was being case specific here. Didnt even think outise of it. But now that you mention it, if you are to stand trial for heinous crimes and you have the goods on a scroll of influential folks, you go on suicide watch regardless if you've shown signs.

Need to keep you alive. 24/7 surveillance is a good way to do that.

20. GahLee

You have compassion, he is a robot. That's what I took from it.