Jennings

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just saw on one of Vol Facebook pages where someone asked was Juan declaring for the draft? Sad thing was no one said he was a senior and didn’t have to declare for the draft.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Steelers would carve out a spot for him. And they have a real fans that would worship his style of play.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

New England Patriots.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

My thought as well. He’d be adored in Philly too.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

If Barnett and JJ are on the same team, I’m going to be forced to cheer for them.

7. Tenacious D

Patriots make a draft day trade with Philly for DBarn & a pick. Use pick to snag JJ.

EB passes physical, and Belichick gets him as free agent.

New dynasty.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't know you were such a Boston fan. what's your tie there?

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Saints go full tilt on Kamara for his one bad game and trade him for Sony Michel and a 3rd rounder. Because they're the Saints and they're stupid.

Rams try to recoup some draft picks after blowing 2 first rounders on Jalen Ramsey; they send along John Kelly for some late rounders.

Bears cut Bray; Brady personally picks him to hand groom as his successor. Plot twist - History repeats itself and Brady goes down early in the season. Bray Bradies Brady just like Brady Bradied Bledsoe.

10. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't think there is one. He's merely hoping the best for Jennings. Can you point to another franchise that knows their ass from a hole in the ground?

11. Tenacious D

GO PATS GO!

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Third round at best.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Sounds about right

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Saints

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have seen the Patriots use players up. the dying years of a dynasty aren't going to be gentle.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  16. Tenacious D

I’ve never had a favorite NFL team, and for a couple of reasons:

1. I’ve always just cheered for whatever former Vols were playing, that they each play well and because I could never bring myself to cheer against any of them. Cheering for players, and not teams, allows me to avoid an inherent conflict insofar as which team wins or loses. So, as an example, I cheer for Witten & Kamara, and don’t care one whit if it’s the Cowboys or Saints who win the game. This is probably 99.99% of the reason why I have no favorite NFL team.

2. With college football, every game somehow affects Tennessee, and I can rarely just enjoy a good game, because I have to pull for / against someone in every game. So I like that I can do that with the NFL, and just enjoy a good game, without caring who wins or loses.

3. The only NFL team who I care about in any direction are the Titans, who I largely loathe, and always will.

a) They’re not the “Tennessee Titans” - they’re the “Nashville Titans”, and I resent being lumped in with that shit. There’s undeniably some in East & West TN who like & follow them, but there are far more who don’t give a shit, or outright dislike them, than like and follow them. Call them who they are - the Nashville Titans.

b) I don’t like’em because they somewhat diminish, deflect or distract some attention and focus off of and away from Tennessee football, no matter how small and unintentional, and which should be the singular football-focus of the entire state. The Titans don’t give one shit about the Vols - the Preds have done infinitely more to engender a friendly relationship to Tennessee than the Titans ever have or will - and are much more likely to see them as a lesser distraction to people whose rabid fandom should be for the Titans, instead.

c) They didn’t even want the team to have its own Tennessee identity, even after moving and settling here. A lot of people forget that Bud Adams fully intended to keep them as the Oilers even after they moved here, and only re-branded when publicly outcry basically shamed and forced him into it.

c(i)) Despite their “re-branding” they still kept the same shitty Oilers color scheme / motif, and which is easily - EASILY - the worst and most garish-looking shit in all of sports. I honestly don’t know how any serious adult wears any of their shit, much less when leaving the house.

d) They didn’t move up to draft Peyton, even when they could have, because Adams preferred and chose McNair instead.

d(i)) It’s only McNair’s tragic and untimely death that prevents honest people from admitting that it was a calamitous mistake to take him over Manning, largely because he was a gimmicky charlatan who never won shit. They had a chance to win me over right then and there, and skipped it and me, instead.

e) Fischer helped USC (his alma mater) & Lane Kiffin steal that 5* TN high school WR, by publicly lying that he had no interest in hiring USC’s Norm Chow, but who he then hired a day or so after NSD, and after the kid was safely inked with the Trojans.

f) Both Fischer and George not only backed Woodson for the Heisman, but publicly, and directly over Manning.

But even with all of this being said, I still give the Titans my best and strongest slight, by largely not considering them at all, absent the enjoyment I derive from occasionally considering their perennial over-hyped flailing.

As for the rest of the NFL...

I care less for the Packers (I hate their crowd chant “Go Pack Go!”) but loved Favre as a player and revere Lombardi.

I don’t like the Pats, at all, because I honest-to-God believe that they’re habitual cheaters, and worse, that this cheating not only cost Manning 2-3 more rings, but has placed Brady above him in the all-time rankings. Brady is a more accomplished QB, but he’s not a better QB. Still, I would have pulled for the Pats over the Titans on Saturday, had I even been aware that they were playing.

I was in an incredibly in-depth, year-round fantasy football keeper league for five years, and which really dominated my free time and attention, probably to an unhealthy degree. When I quit that league several years ago, I largely went cold turkey on the entire NFL, save for watching a bit of a big game here and there, and the annual Super Bowl. What little attention I did still pay to it was further diminished when Peyton retired. As my boys get older, and new favorite Vols come into the League, my interest has recently picked up a little of late, but I don’t ever see it being appointment-watching attention for me, again. My boys are not so lucky and follow it closely - my oldest is a huge Cowboys fan, because that was the name of his flag team when he was 6 years old, and the favorite team of his coach that year, and who he loved. My youngest is 1000% a Saints fan, originally for AK, but he’s now grown to love the entire team, and even cried when they lost to the Vikings on Saturday.

What was the question, again? Did I answer it?

I probably did. You’re welcome.

AbeFroman likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

uh ya, thanks.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I worry about JJ passing a nfl medical exam. Also wonder if he will even run the 40. I wouldn't if I was him.

19. Tenacious D

I’d hate to see that. If he doesn’t make an NFL roster, I’m for immediately hiring him as the VFL Coordinator, with a $10M signing bonus.

He’s never going to make his hay on his speed, but I’d also be worried about a laser-timed 40, too. I fear that it would be much worse than even the already sub-par most assume it to be.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Michael Thomas is a 4.6 guy. Jennings gets a QB that can fit balls into tight windows and he will excel. He wins 90% of the 50/50 balls. He will get drafted ... someone will at least take a flyer on him.

Memtownvol likes this.