Jenny Moshak retiring....

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by Dick Huffman, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Saying that she is retiring over issues related to her equality lawsuit..... should we be worried or is this a white flag?

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

When women's bball can bring in the amount of money men's bball can bring in, they will be allocated equal money and resources. Until then, they need to fvck off.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I really do not think that she has any real bombshells to drop. A lot of her claims are meritless in my opinion. I personally think that she has been upset with the fact that she is the #2 Athletic Trainer now that the two departments have merged. Taking early retirement under the guise of bad workplace conditions is her final play to get some $$ out of UT, in my opinion. I have good reason to believe that Moshak and some others would prefer that this not make it to court for fear of certain things that could come out in the public eye.

There have always been a "group" of people in the Women's AD that held a lot of animosity for the Men's AD. Funny how they all funnel out with complaints now that Cronan and Pat are out of power.

Interesting to note that the decision comes after the AD decided to reorganize the Womens new weight room (Football's old weight room). The approx 10K sqft weight room will losr about half its size as the wall is being knocked out to expand the practice field outside. They will gain some of it back by claiming some of the former football equipment managers space that has now moved across the facility. All is all, they are going from about 10K to 7K isn.

JayVols likes this.
  4. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

A lot of the resources, especially for Women's basketball, are pretty damn near equal.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Stop disappearing 03. Ur insite is invaluable!

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

If you want to get a good laugh... you can find her Facebook page that is associated with her book Ice N Go..... you can find a couple of recent comments from friends about Hart and UT setting the Womens Department back 20 years and them one day realizing her departure along with a few others was the damning of the department as a whole.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Our Women's department was just fine 20 years ago.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wish someone would set the football team back 20 years.

JayVols likes this.
  9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Underrated post, imo.

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Ditto