Jeremy Pruitt is here to win every game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tar Volon, Dec 7, 2017.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I didn't like Jones after the presser, I like Jeremy. Aight.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

“We are focused on what it’s going to take for us to have success, and I think we laid out a plan today … when you start talking to them and their legs start shaking, you got ‘em,” Pruitt said. “When they sit on the edge of their seats and start leaning in, you got ‘em. Our guys are pretty excited.”

I’m sure they’re excited as hell right now with that guy.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Bama is cute?

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I wouldn't necessarily say that, but per Tar's definition I'd say yes.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Three coaches that I work with have all been at this over 20 years. One of them is a former HC in AL that retired and moved to our current location. All three have met Pruitt on several occasions, with the aforementioned former AL coach who has known him since his first coaching gig.

All of can't believe he is a HC. They just think its just crazy because to them it seems like he was just coaching HS.

Heard a funny story or two already. They think the guy is a little crazy, but have a lot of respect for him.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Just from what I saw of him yesterday and coming from someone who has set in a locker room, as a player and a coach. He can get a player fired up and get their attention. I think he'll be a players coach.

A-Smith, Daddy Gee and reVOLt like this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Well this kinda blew up since I checked out.

Everybody uses some misdirection, but Malzahn is definitely known for it. Personally, I think his offense is the best of both worlds—he can get cute with the best of him, but he also beats you on pure power.

Also, this is probably a relative term based on trends. A decade ago, the spread was considered a finesse offense that wasn’t going to work against powerful SEC defenses. Now Alabama runs it (and not because they’ve become a finesse team)

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He’s running the ball down your throat and beating you up with formation and motion. Once the ball snaps, he’s typically running power.

9. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I like what Pruitt said about defensive alignment. He said if you have 4 really good linemen and two good line backers, you get them on the field. You go with a 4-3 even if you normally like 3-4. Jones would stick with his desired set no matter what.

IP, 10SEvols and Joseph Brant like this.
  10. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Or on offense continue to run a 240 lb battering ram RB laterally.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm triggered

12. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm okay with cute or power.

Aight.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Just win

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

baby!

Oh wait that is Al Davis (play action vertical game). And that's my vote too. Ru it 60% of the time and burn them deep.