Jeremy Pruitt's record at Tennessee after 2 seasons

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jan 2, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Over .500, baby!

Volgrad98 and Oldvol75 like this.
  2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm sure this was meant in jest but it isn't far off from the best possible outcome. I'll take it but Pruitt needs to show he's ready to be better, quickly.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's meant exactly as written. It just is. It isn't ideal (being 13-12), but it could be a lot worse.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's nice, and he's better than the last two, but unless Bailey is THAT DUDE, then I don't see this program being where people here expect it to be. I'm not nearly as excited for next year if JG is on the roster come September.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

many coaches on the list will have better record thru 2 years, but none of them had to play multiple top 10 teams with a qb like JG either, so put an * on it. Give us Baylors schedule and we win 10 with this team, even with a couple bad losses

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Bailey is good, it sets up nicely for Pruitt to be here awhile. If he's not, we'll be coach searching again soon

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We don't play Baylor's schedule

chavisut likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

yes I realize but people already been blabbing about Rhule being a great coach. Schedule can have something to do with perception

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Well yeah, but Jeremy Pruitt coaches Tennessee, and if he wants to do so long term he had better find a QB, or an offensive system that doesn't live or die by QB talent.

chavisut likes this.
  10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Thought Rhule was a good coach at Temple.

IP and ptclaus98 like this.
  11. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

If Bailey is good Pruitt has got to take advantage of it. Need to get to Atlanta. And I don’t mean for the Peach Bowl unless it’s the playoffs.

Jury is out on if Pruitt has that kind of coaching skill.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's taken below avg at best and beaten avg and some above avg teams at two diff schools. There's a lot to be said about that.

13. Ssmiff

not really breaking news

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think the thing that has yet to be answered is 1) is he meddling AND 2) how much does he meddle

15. Ssmiff

he beat nobody this year.

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

My bad @IP

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Another way of looking at it: Within 2 seasons, Pruitt has doubled the number of wins we had the season prior to his hire. With folks talking about winning the division, I suspect some don't appreciate how deeply, deeply [uck fay]ed we were when he was hired. We had a fragment of an SEC team, let alone a championship quality team. He's working.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

His team is awful, @Ssmiff

They are really REALLY bad.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, you're fine. I totally get it.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Pruitt is doing aight.

CardinalVol and **TDCVOL** like this.