Jerry Sandusky and the PSU scandal

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Nov 5, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow, talk about failing as a mentor. Dude sees kid getting raped, and runs away?

So, coach, how do you deal with problems, say, in the shower?

"Oh, you know, I run away. Call my dad. Maybe tell someone else the next day. "

2. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I don't even know what to say really. I'm disgusted, bothered, and furious at the ones who stood by and did nothing.

".......I'd take a big tall tree and a short piece of rope, and hang 'em up high and let 'em swing til the sun goes down."

3. WM

WM Active Member

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been thinking about this. The only way PSU doesn't become Pedophile Sanctuary U is if they absolutely scorch the campus of everyone involved in this. Joe Pa included. They have to look even more outraged than anyone else, or they will be tarnished for a generation.

5. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I don't know how PA law doesn't hold Paterno and the GA legally responsible. It's not like the GA saw somebody cheating on a test. He saw somebody committing a felony told Paterno about it.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Seems like prosecution would have to prove that such an event took place, in order to charge the witness for failing to report a felony. And in order to prove that it took place, they need the witness, which means they likely granted immunity from prosecution.

Also seems like the defense, though I just heard a snippet, didn't see who was asking the question, asked the witness/others why they didn't report such an incident, implying that the GA didn't see anything, otherwise he would have reported it, like a normal person.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I completely agree ip. Paterno has to be a goner and everyone needs to be fired

8. WM

WM Active Member

Saban coming.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

can't keep anyone around. Ignoring this to the point of allowing it to happen again and again is just disgusting.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Al Golden would probably be pretty easy to get.

11. Penn State sex scandal engulfing revered Paterno

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with this

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Golden or Schiano are the frontrunners

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

can't imagine why they'd want schiano.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll be cheaper to get than Golden

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

good luck with that.

If Paterno does it right, he steps down at the press conference.

17. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I think Paterno should step down, but I really dont see it happening, which would be a shame imo

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm sure they can afford golden

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

They should still hammer him with the real questions.

Or, get creative.

"Coach Paterno, how do you think a situation like this would have been handled at Nebraska?"

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

any reporter that asks him about teh game should be fired.