JFF Has Big Hands...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Feb 21, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

...and you know what they say about guys with big hands.*

JFF got measured today at the combine. He's 5'11'3/4, which is actually taller than I thought he'd be. He weighed 207. His hands are bigger than both Bridgewater's and Bortles, though, and apparently this is something that is taken into consideration. Russell Wilson was both shorter and lighter than JFF, but his hands were actually a touch bigger.

How many of y'all thought JFF wouldn't be a first rounder?

And how many of you thought, or still think, he won't be a solid NFL QB?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

They wear big gloves?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  3. kidbourbon

4. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

i saw a piece on wilson where they said his hands were measured at something like 10 1/2 inches from tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky. unbelievable.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he'll be a low budget mike vick. Outstanding at times, head shaking bad and turn over prone at times

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I firmly believe that for most NFL QB prospects, the team/coaches they end up with has more to do with their perceived level of success/worth than their abilities do.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I'm sure some team will fall in love with him enough to be a first round qb, but id be shocked to see him be anything more than serviceable.

8. kidbourbon

I don't agree with this. He's like Michael Vick in that he moves really really well, but his accuracy in throwing the football is way way way better than Vick's. Which is a major deal.

9. kidbourbon

He's not going to go in the first round because "a team falls in love with him". This isn't Tim Tebow. He's going to go in the top ten because he's really good at football.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's not that accurate. He ran around and threw jump balls to Mike Evans, who is 6' 5".

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He'll go in the first round for the same reason guys like Christian Ponder and Brandon Weeden went in the first round: The NFL is qb poor

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

This.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Vicks arm is unbelievable. Much better than manziel's. I haven't seen any sort of great accuracy from Manziel. If he succeeds he will be the first of his type to do so.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can't make up my mind on Manziel. Sometimes I think he'll do well because he's just a baller, and then sometimes I think he'll be terrible. If he goes to a crappy organization it'll probably mean he'll be crappy, too.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I honestly think his upside is Doug flutie and that's nothing special

16. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

agreed.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Yep

18. JohnnyQuickkick

They're going to have to let him be jff. If they just try to plug him into the standard NFL offense it probably won't work.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

His arm isn't close to Vick's. Few are.

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[youtube]3cgKe0sKIWw[/youtube]