Jimmy Haslam - Football Idiot

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 24, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Now realize that UT was his test lab for a decade.

tvolsfan likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I hope the AD has told Haslam to go [uck fay] himself.

tvolsfan and vols85 like this.
  3. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

This story makes Revolt angry.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, he just grins and says sure

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Does Jimmy live in Cleveland now?

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Jimmy may be good at the one thing that has resulted in his being really rich, but Cleveland hasn’t been the laughingstock of the NFL for nothing. Staying out of Baker Mayfield’s way may be the one thing he managed to get right and if so, it may be enough. Mal Moore was an average at best AD for Bama... until he hired Saban.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lots of folks were calling for Moore to step aside/get canned right up until that plane took off in Miami with a drunk whore waiting to plant one on Saban when it touched down. It's funny how winning changes everything. Every bammer I knew back then had a hard on for Ozzie Newsome to come in as AD dating back to the Francione departure or earlier.

TangoUniform and justingroves like this.
  8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This story including the tale of the lure of analytics, and another about a guy with a chart who liked to use the word analytics. If it didn't all make sense before, it's clear as a bell now.

It just occurred to me. Could Butch be partially responsible for wrecking or at least stunting the growth or resurgence of both a college team (directly) and a pro team (indirectly)? Sounds like Jimmy is fairly impressionable. Could the tail have wagged the dog?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You may be on to something

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Possible.

Need to figure out a way analytically for him to sell me his share of Pilot and the Browns for $1 each.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Plausible, and if so that irrefutably proves my point about Jimmy not being very sharp. Just because you manage to amass a huge fortune isn’t evidence that you are exceptionally intelligent. I’m not a hater by any means, but look at Trump. Dude just doesn’t come across as a candidate for Mensa...

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Has a house there, Knoxville, and Nantucket. Could have more, don't know.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

From the article it sounds like he got the [uck fay] out of Knoxville after the Pilot raid.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

well I know he spends time in his Nantucket house. it overlooks a lighthouse they had to move and his house will fall into the sea at some point. Nice house, though.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Anyone who thinks they would do this to ESPN, and think twice about cutting the throats of anyone at the Knoxville News Sentinel, the Vol Network, VQ, etc., hasn’t been paying attention.

vols85 and justingroves like this.
  18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He could, but it’s not usually something I think he’d worry with, tbh. He buys successful businesses and largely allows them autonomy and wide discretion.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wish nothing but the best for the Haslams.

As long as they are 1000 miles away from anything to do with UT.

20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

They're negotiating an end to the agreement.

So I'm sure Jimmy the boy wonder will be paying out of his ass to cancel the sponsorship.

justingroves likes this.