Jimmy Sexton Article

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 2, 2015.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I didn't see in that article where it said that he works for Tennessee.

2. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I.understand that and he probably thought it would work better than it did but my god you couldn't script two worse hires.

3. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

There are what, a half dozen or so superagents in the country? And how many people would want that job? I'd say it is a lot more difficult than you guys believe.

Sexton takes care of his guys, from negotiating contracts to helping them manage finances to getting them picked up at a strip club if they can't get home. He's a fat, slimy weasel who has figured out that it is in his long term interest to take care of superstars, and he does a hell of a good job at it. If one of you fellows gets the chance to play or coach in the NFL, he's one of a small handful of people you want to represent you. There's a reason it's so hard to build that book.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would argue the maintenance part is much easier than the building up part, but his job isn't a cakewalk now either. Still, travel is the toughest part, but maybe not on a personal jet.

5. cotton

Depends on what you mean by toughest. There are millions of dollars involved for these guys that a top notch negotiator can claim or piss away. You know when you have Sexton, you've got one of the best.

Major League Closer isn't a tough job either, but there are only about 10 guys in the world who are worth a **** at it, so they get paid. And if you are trying to do the best for yourself and your organization, you hire one of them.

6. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

My argument was that relative to becoming a super agent, maintaining clients is not nearly as challenging. I will stick by that. Plus, when you reach the level he is at (which I argue was the damn near impossible part) billable cash and phone calls with your connections make just about every problem go away.

And travel - while not ideal - is so much easier the way he does it. Drivers waiting, no TSA screening, you don't wait on your flights they wait on you, smaller regional airports.

7. cotton

[video]https://youtu.be/lAD6Obi7Cag[/video]

EDIT: [dadgum]it, stupid embed...

8. knoxvol

knoxvol Contributor

I sat on top of a keg of beer in awebb7's truck once. Private jet has to be much better.

9. cotton

King Air isn't a jet. Dude must be cutting corners bouncing around in a turbo prop.

10. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Slanderous.