JJ Clark not returning as Track & Field/XC coach

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by lylsmorr, May 21, 2014.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Long overdue

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

If they had done this earlier we may have landed a couple elite football guys.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

As if the 2014 class didn't have some elite players in it?

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Didnt say it didnt.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Adoree Jackson is probably a Vol if the Track and Field program been worth a damn

7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ehh...Longshot on that one.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I think he went where everyone thought he would. The hometown school is always hard to beat. Especially when the "competition" is averaging about 5 wins a season. I believe Butch is proving to be a great recruiter, but let's not kid ourselves that with a different T&F coach we would have pulled AJ from California. He was all about the attention of the process. Was he considering us? Probably, but I think it had more to do with Twitter followers/attention.

10. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

The only reason he was considering schools like LSU and UF was due to track.

11. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

And he didn't go to either of those schools. He stayed in California.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Right - because the football connection wasn't near as strong. He had no interest in our track program at all but loved Butch and Tennessee. Had we had both we stood a great shot at pulling him.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

If we had the top ranked track program I still think he stays in California. We will never so it's a moot point, but it's hard to pull a kid away from his home, even if he was raised in Illinois.

14. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I don't know - or necessarily disagree - but I think we definitely end up top 2 for him if not get him if we had one.. especially due to his father. Yet we didn't make his top 3 or 4.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is irrelevant in that we shouldn't have to ever be in a position where track and field is so wretched as to be a negative for coming here.