John Brice update on Butch/Michigan

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NorthGaVol, Oct 28, 2014.

1. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

Bidding war for Butch & Co incoming.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Insanity.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

A couple of schools called last year too. Allegedly.

Concerns about Butch aside, the absolute last thing I want is another coaching search with this group of folks at the helm.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahaha

It would be another terrible Michigan hire. I'm not attached to Butch in any way, shape, form or fashion, but I don't want Cheek and Hart interviewing Mike Gundy again before they hire Joey Jones

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well there you go. No need to worry.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They would probably go after Gundy, Sonny Dykes, Al Golden and settle for Skip Holtz or something.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Kingsbury IMO

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Hire sonny dykes please

9. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

If Butch were to leave and we're stuck chasing after an up and comer, I would hope they target Rhett Lashlee. I think he could do some damage with the players we have on offense.

10. OrangeBlood79

OrangeBlood79 Contributor

Ooooh....he's dreamy.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The funny part is that butch not making a major bowl (or a bowl at all) is a major positive for a team that is firing it's coach when it comes to timing.

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

As of right now, I would be shocked if they actually hired Butch. But, I dont know much about their administration either. They may be just as bad as our bunch.

13. OrangeBlood79

The funnier thing is that they'd essentially be hiring a Lane Kiffin-esque resume, not someone with real, on the field results.

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What exactly is the buzz on Butch based upon, recruiting at a place that you really should be able to attract top tier talent anyway? Four way ties for 1st in the Big East? Noticing J.J. Watt?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The College Football world is officially full of crazy.

16. OrangeBlood79

Yes. And slogans. #brickbybrick

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maybe Michigan is in a bigger booster/AD mess than us, but I get the impression that they aren't going for "up and comer" with this hire until they absolutely have to.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if you think about it though, there are no urban Meyers at Utah or Brian Kelly's around this year. Nor any failed nfl coaches except schiano. outside of mullen and maybe freeze who is that realistic home run hire for Michigan?

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I get his ties to the state but outside of recruiting, what exactly is it about Jones that Michigan is interested in?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guys. We should all be football coaches. Like, right now. Quit your jobs. We're coaching football.

1) Refer to selves as "best staff in America
    2) ????
    3) profit