POLITICS John McCain, the Loss of an American Hero

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by JayVols, Aug 25, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

C'mon, you know it is never that simple. I am not advocating or justifying any violence. There is more to it than the poor little conservatives trying to hear a conservative speaker. Those protesters have a right to protest against that speaker. Those conservative listeners are looking for a violent confrontation as much as the protesters: which is to say, a few are and most are not.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, and Obama have condemned Antifa, off the top of my head.

Example: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...testers/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.70eb63dd4d72

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Antifa is an idiot fringe that represent a small fraction of the left. They are so far left that they might be considered a separate group (i.e. anarchists). [ I hope that I did that right for Float]

Just as those in Charlottesville are part of an idiot fringe of the right. They are so far right that they might be considered a separate group (i.e., nazis, klansmen).

Both are used as weapons by politicians trying to score political points.

hohenfelsvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can find white nationalists running for state and indeed federal office. Are there any Antifa members running for office?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

IP and justingroves like this.
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I love how because the Führer hates McCain, all his supporters now have to pretend he is some huge coward while fellating a draft dodger.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

In defense of Tenny, I don't think he has ever liked McCain.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

IMO this is a gross exageration.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

In defense of humans, he could choose to not call him a coward within 48 hours of his death also.

tvolsfan and JayVols like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

Oh, I agree. I believe it was in poor taste.

JayVols likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

None of us knew him personally. Does it really matter when he says it, if he has said it before and still feels that way? I disagree and am disappointed he sees it that way, but I don't think posting it here and now is any different than 2 weeks or 2 years ago.

14. NorrisAlan

I think culturally there is a "mourning period" and you don't kick a man when he is down. During that time, do as your mum always said: If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

There are exceptions, of course, as when a truly reviled person dies or is sent to jail. But for the most part, you don't go to a memorial service dressed in red and dancing on the guy's grave in front of all the mourners.

awebb7 likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

You don't go to a memorial service. Check.

I'm just saying he doesn't need to filter it here, imo. You guys feel differently, got it.

VolDad likes this.
  16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fair

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Maybe true and fair if that’s the case. That said, this isn’t the only board/site where I’ve seen people ripping on McCain, many who would not have done so a few years ago.

VolDad likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which is a shame and definitely related to the Trump aspect

VolDad likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pretty much all of my aquaintances either voted for trump or didnt vote at all and none have said a negative word about mccain except, "didnt always agree with.."
    Maybe yall shouldnt generalize so much in regards to what the anonymous internet brings to the table.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not generalizing. Have read and heard several individuals speaking as tenny has in this thread.