John Parker Wilson on Pruitt

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, May 4, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's better than Art Briles

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dabo is a great coach and leader. Seems to always say the right things. Recruits at a high level. Sends players to the league. Develops talent and wins games.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Absolutely, he is. That’s probably hard to recognize though when you’re swingin’ from Dana Holgersen’s sack.

Dabo’s a bit of goof, but what you see is what you get. I used to believe it was schtick, but nah, he’s just a fun lovin’ dude who’s thankful to be where he is, and smart enough to surround himself with people who are great at what they do.

He’s created a culture there, and it’s not a fluke.

Guy’s not at Southern Cal, Miami, Florida State...he’s at Clemson, winning 12-13 per year, every freaking year. A place where 6-7 wins per year was the standard in the 20 years there before him.

Questioning his competency at this point is just stupid.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Easy there.

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Coaching? Absolutely. Covering up rape and being an all around shitty person? Briles wins in a landslide.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

He would get exposed in the SEC.

zehr27 likes this.
  7. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Has wins over Bama, LSU, Auburn and everyone else theyve faced in the SEC. I don’t see it.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He’d do OK in the right situation. Miles did for years.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

For sure. Aside from Saban, the SEC has an pretty poor roster of head coaches. Talent is very good across the conference, but this it’s hardly elite on the sideline. ACC is far better for head coaching, imo, jmo, iywmmfo.

11. Ssmiff

Hes good enough to take a little white balding walkon receiver and light up Bama, who we can barely score on for a decade with 6'3 4.5 all over the field

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I put no stock in what a bammer has to say about a bammer assistant going to coach at Tennessee or anywhere else for that matter. He may be right. He may not. Who would have gone a paycheck that he would have said something negative about him?

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Was Phil Fulmer a great coach?
    Was Les Miles a great coach?
    Is Jimbo Fisher a great coach?

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Fulmer was a great coach, till he was a made man with the championship.

Phil might have been the best OL coach in the country during the 90's in college ball.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Then he got lazy

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

This.

For as much shit as I heaped on Fulmer, mostly well-deserved IMO, my disdain for him exponentially grew over the final 4 seasons because of exactly this truth.

I hated that it was true then, and I hate that it’s still true today, because he absolutely had it rolling. Had he kept it rolling, it would have saved all of us - himself, included - 10+ years of absolutely wasted, wandering heartache.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Two of those were done in by hiring and retaining garbage staff. Dabo hasn't made that mistake.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Yet.

Given enough hires, you’ll eventually bring in a dud.

19. Ssmiff

We finished top 10 6 of 7 years from '95.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Agree.

Not like the SEC is the same league it was 5-10 years ago either.