Jones: Hurd and Malone "Have to Play"

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

"Butch Jones doesn’t mince words when discussing the short-term importance of Sumner County freshmen Jalen Hurd and Josh Malone to the Tennessee football program.

“They have to play,” Jones said of the former Beech tailback and the ex-Station Camp receiver, both just six weeks into their Volunteer careers after enrolling for spring-semester classes. “That was one of the recruiting sells with them. We don’t have a lot of depth right now in our football program across the board."

This is a good thing to hear, especially this far away from the season, and despite however obvious it is.

Link:

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I must say, I appreciate Butch Jones. He may be corny (but I love corny, so take it for what it is worth), but he seems to be honest and tells it like he sees it.

4. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

My biggest issue is his chia pet haircut.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I also like Butch but I think there is a good chance he's our Gerry DiNardo.

6. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

LSU, Vandy or Indiana DiNardo?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Did DiNardo ever recruit like Jones is recruiting? I honestly cannot remember.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That was his strong point. Put together some impressive teams but could never compete consistently.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, his name is Butch...

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

you really believe that, after he was telling us last year about the progress he could see but no one else could?

He's another coachspeak wonder IMO. Either win or stop talking about it. We don't need to hear about process.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

To be fair, this is one of those times of the year that he is going to engage in coach speak at some point. They all do when they are being interviewed most days and the truth is today was about like yesterday was and about like tomorrow will be.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

It doesn't matter how well he recruits if he won't or can't upgrade the staff.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Our Zook

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

A little less

[​IMG]

And a lot more

[​IMG]

Please fellas...

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All coaches run out of stuff to talk about eventually.

16. JayVols

[video=youtube;CkCWVNaX6-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkCWVNaX6-k&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm talking about last season, as we were being housed by the likes of Vandy and other such garbage.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there you go again not reading the FAQ. Hate hate hate! Remember?

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't believe his history supports the comments either.

20. JayVols

Whaaaat???

Shared Big East Championships that resulted in exactly ZERO BCS Bowl games and getting absolutely housed by Derek f'n Dooley (ddiapos) are not worthy of granting second coming status?