Jones Transferring?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I talking about all over the place. I don't think it's isolated to Tennessee. Kids don't like being told they have to watch.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

If you're a QB and we lost those games on awful QB play but know you have no shot at the starting gig, you'd move on.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Still, Dormady transfer would have made a lot more sense than this kid. This kid could have had a shot.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Doesn't feel like it. I assume the lack of any coaching drives them nuts too.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Kids are stupid.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But they know when they're unhappy.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I could see this being a big issue. They're probably smart enough to know they aren't making it to the next level without help, regardless of how cocky they are.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

When they don't get their way.

9. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

But these kids are players, they know the deal.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yeah, wait or earn your turn. If not, sit a year and move on. Happens every where.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

More often now, but two fresh QBs is odd. Same at aTm. Something afoot.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Easier to run than compete.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Supposedly, one of Dormady's relatives posts on another site and has been adamant that he will not leave.

I think he leaves if Guarantano comes and and shows out in the spring.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still wonder if Dormady is the better option at QB for us, especially if we don't plan to hire a coach to help Dobbs improve his throwing ability.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We've been through this before but the fact that the QB coaching sucks is a good reason to go with the more athletic QB, IMO.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Over the guy who has more natural arm talent? Both have their benefits. Guy who runs but can't throw seems a lot more limited than guy who throws but can't run quite as fast.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I don't think we've seen nearly enough to have confidence that Dormady is gonna come in and be Peyton Manning, or even Eric Ainge. The bad coaching impacts him too.

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He doesn't need to be Peyton Manning with the guys he has around him. He has looked pretty damn solid throwing the ball every time I've seen him play. I know it's mop up duty, but still.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has all the physical traits of a good qb.

The only thing, if he's the starter, will Butch change the running game? Dormady can move, but he's not a consistent run threat.

You would be taking away half the run game to create a better passing game.

That's been my biggest concern about Dormady. It's not got any thing to do with his talent, it's the offense he'll be asked to run

20. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Tell that to the guys behind Colton ****ing Jumper on the depth chart.