Jones Transferring?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

This is the problem. The two bumbling idiots running our offense have no idea how to use the passing game to make the running better. None.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Throw all passes outside. Also direct all runs outside. Don't see the problem.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I could see Dormady being Butch's Tennessee version of Zack Collaros. I looked at his 2010 stats compared to Dobbs this year and Zack had about 600-700 more passing yards than Dobbs and about 300 less rushing yards. He threw 26TD's at Cincinnati in 2010, compared to Dobbs' 15 but he also throw 14 ints whereas Dobbs only threw 5. I could see Dormady having similar stats to Collaros.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And, this is a legitimate concern based on what we've seen before. As much as they were able to run well this year, take the potential QB run off the table, and the run game looks like crap no matter the back.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Every time I see this thread I gasp when I think it's about botch.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I think Dobbs can be good enough passing to lead a very good offense. Running for 200+ yards a game with a potentially elite defense is a recipe for success. Unless Dormady is just miles ahead of Dobbs in terms of passing, I want Dobbs back there next year.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there's so many things wrong with our passing game, Dobbs is only a part of it. we've been round and round this, tho

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He was running for his life against north Texas. He's not going to have the opportunity to make plays until the OL gets a hell of a lot better in the passing game. Or else it's going to look just like it did with Worley.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do think the OL is going to get better, just due to talent. They may not be coached for shit, but look at guys like Chance Hall and Jack Jones. They were better than the guys they replaced. Kerbyson was a terrible pass protector.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Apparently he changed his mind and is coming back to UT now. Weird.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Very odd

12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Can he still be on scholarship this year? He can't rejoin until the summer I believe.

13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

What about that DT that graduated with Lattimore that came here then transferred to ucla then to unc then back to ucla? Brandon Williams maybe?

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Since he got a release and is returning to former school, he is eligible. Today was last day to drop/add, so he can come right back.

They said it's been in the works for a week now.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Why would he even transfer in the first place?

17. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Bye Bye Dormady?

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Good for Colorado.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Maybe he wanted playing time, then really missed Tennessee when he got to Colorado. That's all I can come up with.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod