Jones Transferring?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He could definitely play another position.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Been warmer here than TN this last week by a wide margin

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is that the norm?

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Climate change

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Brandon Willis. Never played here, was committed under Kiffin, but switched to UNC after Kiffin left. Left UNC after a few months, then left UCLA after his frosh season and ended up back in North Carolina. Ended up back in LA after a few months and finally ended his career at UNLV.

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Right. He, Corey Miller, and Lattimore were all teammates

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We have a week of sunny and 50, then a snow storm, then a week of sunny and 15. Slowly warms back up and repeats. That's winter in Denver.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's been the winter in Nashville this year

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I honestly would rather have Jones and Guarantano and have Dormady transfer. He's better in the pass game but if North Texas can put him on his ass as much as they did, he's not going to have a chance against SEC competition. That being said, there's an awful lot of faith being put in him from garbage time play. I didn't see anything that made me think he'd be any better than Worley was.

10. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I guess you can't see arm strength then.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Whoa, now.

12. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Go back and look at Worley's freshman year when he was throwing 25 yarders on a line when he wasn't on his ass. Hell the throw to North against Georgia two years ago and the one against Ark St last year were as good as anything I've seen from Dormady. He doesn't have Bray's arm strength. And his lack of running ability does not mesh with this offense.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dormady might turn out to be a good QB. I also think it's pretty ridiculous to think the offense is better with him running it.

About the only thing that makes this offense go as it's run (and as we all know it'll continue to be run) is the running threat at QB

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yeah, he really needed that extra comfy pocket so he could get a good crow hop and put everything he had in it.

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

But Dormady isn't much different. It's ridiculous that he's compared to Dobbs, much less that people want him to takeover for Dobbs. He throws the deep ball better than Dobbs. Past that Dobbs is better in pretty much every way relevant to how this offense is run.

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Which Dormady doesn't have.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure what games you've been watching. Dormady has looked solid nearly every time I've seen him. I remember discussing it with people in the game day chat multiple times.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He looks like a solid QB. But this offense does no favors for solid QBs that can't run. And running for his life is what he'll be doing often.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Jones isn't a real high character guy from what I know. I'd be surprised if he lasts.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You just said you haven't seen anything that makes you think he's better than Worley. Was Worley a "solid" QB?