Jones Transferring?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Indy, Jan 7, 2016.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

IMO, yeah. He looked worse because the offense is AIDS for a QB like him. It's weird, his best work was when he would get injured.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought Worley looked really bad as a freshman and a sophomore too. He didn't have a strong arm and he threw to option #1 every single time.

Da'Rick's drop against South Carolina may have been one of Worley's best throws in his career here. The only one I think that can compare was the strike he threw to Pig in Athens after coming out of the game due to an elbow injury

3. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Yes for our offense Dobbs is better, but Dormady is better at throwing the ball, which is traditionally a large aspect of quarterbacking.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with that, but I would say this offense is a stupid assed one that needs a very specific type of QB to function at all, much less at a high level. That's not really Dormady's fault.

I do think Dormady would do really well in Chaney's offense or pretty much any offense that asks a QB to not run a read option.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No. Dormady appear capable of completing passes.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I've actually heard the exact opposite.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I've seen enough of Dormady to think he's got more physical talent than Worley. Aside from that (and I don't claim to be an expert) I don't see how anybody's seen enough of him to want to have sex with him like Indy.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He said "know" and you said "heard." Advantage: NEW COACH.

I don't want to have sex with him. To put it simply, he can throw a football and Dobbs can't.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Boner talk seems to be reserved for threads about recruits.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

Which is nice, except I think the running threat is more valuable to the offense that is going to be run

12. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

I could be totally off, but I don't think Dormady has much of a chance of taking a lot of meaningful snaps at UT. I guess if Dobbs got hurt, he might get a shot...

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Though I think we all agree that an offense that utilizes our many threats at the receiver position for purposes outside of blocking would be the best type of offense for our team.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

i'm not advocating what they do. it's just pretty pointless to think they're going to do anything different

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What about this pass offense is traditional?

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They've had plenty of opportunities to do just that and they wont.

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It pains me to say it because he'd underutilize Hurd but with Williams, Malone, and Jennings, Chaney could have had this offense looking like 2012.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He was a terrible decision maker, true. But He was playing against top tier teams with an offensive line that hadn't found its way and a running game that was non existent. Dormady's hype started with two throws to one of the most physically gifted receivers against one of the worst teams we played last year. His next meaningful outing against North Texas they were putting him on the turf. His success will be tied into how our guys improve at pass blocking, and with Mahoney here I don't see that happening much.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Worley had only a marginally lower completion percentage his freshman year, despite Da'Rick dropping everything thrown to him in the South Carolina game.

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Who does Dormady play with?