Josh Huepel gets a raise.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Sep 16, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If I were Michigan, I would tell the NCAA to [uck fay] off, don't ever come back to Ann Arbor and if you do, we have a fleet of lawyers about to pound your stupid organization into the ground.

VOLinDAWGland and utvol0427 like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd attempt to bribe them with a burger. Same deal the recruits got. I'd push it into the absurd.

3. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

NCAA is losing teeth by the day, I'm actually curious if it'll be around in 10 years.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Harbaugh probably called it a BBQ and the ncaa justifiably dropped the hammer.

A-Smith, CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The dumbass lied about it, that's what will burn him

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am pretty sure he is going back to the NFL. Feldman has this one right.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Agree and amplify

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I figured Michigan has enough institutional clout to tell the NCAA to [uck fay] off. Like North Carolina.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I like the bribery with burgers idea for Michigan. Just send every NCAA employee in Indy a $50 dollar Five Guys gift card. Nobody would ever harshly punish anyone who gifts them the simple joy of a few free greasy and delicious Five Guy cheeseburgers.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If the Tweeter coaches salaries are accurate we need to bump Heupel asap. Inflation blows but he can’t be in bottom 25%

A-Smith likes this.
  12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Salaries got out of control real quick. The only SEC coaches worth above 7 mill are Smart and Saban.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Stoops making 9 million a year from UK just to beat 3 OOC cupcakes while always landing at 3-5/4-4 in the SEC is wild. I remember 15 years ago when Saban being given 4 million a year to coach Bammer seemed like an astronomically high salary.

InVolNerable and Memtownvol like this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

What is “worth” anyway? All this TV money has to go somewhere.

In Heupel’s case, I’m not sure you could quantify the incremental value he’s provided over what you had with Pruitt, both to the University and the entire city.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Andy Staples has been out there for a couple years saying Stoops has the best job in football. This is exactly why.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Kiffin has it good now too. He can win 8 a year at Ole Piss and collect pay checks until he decides to quit or do something else.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well you can start by paying him more than that psycho at So Car. Salaries have gone up fast, but you can’t get caught being out of market. Heupel AND some of his staff are really solid coaches. Garner, Ellarbee, Halzle all need to be paid very competitively. You might argue Pope as well. There is real player development going on there

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They will all get pay bumps. Heupel doesn't seem the type to be worried about where he ranks in pay to his peers. He wants to rank ahead of them in wins.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I bet local bar/restaurant owners could give you a pretty concrete value differential in revenue between the Heupel years and all the dip shits that came before him.

HCKevinSteele, justingroves and IP like this.
  20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And he wants his assistants taken care more than he cares about being on the top of that list.

zehr27 likes this.