Josh Smith Tries His Best to Make You Hate Him

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 11, 2017.

1. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Bingo. Smart thing to run with is "I get it, they are disappointed. I'm disappointed. We aren't playing to the level of our competition."

Instead he sounds just a little [itch bay]y.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Would expect smarter from a 5th year senior, but he speaks to the same mediocre accomplishments that his coach does. A reflection of the culture theyve created here and perfect example of why change is necessary.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Fixed

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Good advice.

5. JayVols

When a win in the Taxslayer.com Bowl and/or Music City Bowl are lauded as great accomplishments rather than simply stepping stones to something bigger and better, we have a big problem.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don't care.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

TO?

8. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Josh Smith is a grown man, not a kid. He can handle the criticism. If not, he reflects the softness of his coach.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don't have a problem with a player defending teammates and coaches.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He criticizes people for not understanding what's going on while clearly demonstrating he doesn't understand what's going on.

11. JayVols

We need to fire Butch and hire Gruden ASAP, so I can stop agreeing with you again....

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Let me educate you Jay. Those are Taxslayer Bowl and Music City Bowl championships. Don't forget that other bowl championship, the Battle at Bristol Championship, the Chicken Kickoff Championship, and the life championship. You need more positive focus.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. JayVols

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That's really all I see, a 5th year sr. trying to say "don't blame the QBs, don't blame the coaches, all of us have responsibilities."

It's clumsy, but it isn't wrong.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

He doesn't have to come out and criticize his team. He doesn't have to come out and call the people who see through the lies as morons either.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

16. JayVols

Yep. I understand the circle the wagons thing.

I don't get bad-mouthing the people that's still here after the shitshow. Players have more skin in the game, so it makes sense for them to stick around and speak out in support for one another. Fans have no real potential for gain other than satisfaction and can fairly easily, comparatively speaking, move on.