Justin Martin JUCO CB

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Oct 12, 2014.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Doug Matthews just said he's a Vol

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Defense is gonna be nasty.

3. NorthGaVol

NorthGaVol Vols, Bitch

This guy might be the best CB in the entire 2015 class.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The kid from Georgia is better. IMO

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

This guy has 1st round size and talent. He's the best in the class.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can he play quarterback?

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Does butch have some magic trick to sign another class of thirty? The way we are collecting commitments is amazing.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

27 or 28 is what volquest says he'll sign

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

How?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Or offensive line

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Butch is obviously a good recruiter and we are seeing some great talent headed to Knoxville. But, in reality, how much better can we be until we upgrade at OL. I know that FR OL's take a little time, everyone knows. But, what is going to change in 2015 that leads to a brighter outlook?

And, if we are redshirting Dobbs because he is the man, would it not make more sense for him to get reps in 2014? Or are we banking on Jennings?

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not sure but I believe guys graduating in December help him make room

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Think there 13 or more graduating in December

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The idea that I should be excited about 2015 Joshua Dobbs is slightly dampened by the idea that 2014 Joshua Dobbs is not good enough to crack the starting lineup over a very average Justin Worley.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

"Slightly dampened" being a euphemism for squashed flat.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Dobbs has a case of the Knoblauchs.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

For real? Surprised I'm just now learning about this.

Sounds pretty troubling for a QB. Not like he can DH.

Steve Sax recovered though. Knoblauch and Wohlers didn't. Never heard of it in football.

18. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Joel Stave, Wisconsin's qb, got it. He couldnt hit a short route in preseason and was benched for first 5 games.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I'm sorta at the point of hoping Jennings or Dormady get it. I know starting a true freshman QB is not ideal but I would be more optimistic if one of them was good enough to start right away. I just think it would not only take pressure off the o-line but open things up for Hurd and Scott if the defense had to worry about Jennings keeping the ball. As for Dormady, he's a coach's son so maybe that will help him pick up things a little sooner.

Who knows, maybe Austin Kendall is better than both of them but I've seen too many times how fast things change to count on tomorrow.

20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Perhaps Butch actually believes he has legit potential and just doesn't want to see him destroyed by this year's OL. Let the mediocre Senior take the punishment, get a RS for Dobbs and let him continue to develop physically and mentally. Given this is not the year Butch HAS to produce great results, why not.