Justin Worley Speculation: Savior of the 2011 Season?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Oct 22, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

The world called out for a hero, and Simms whispered "daddy."

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Wake record since 2008, including this season: 21-23/12-17
    UT record since 2008, including this season: 20-24/10-18

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We're not Wake Forest.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Hell, if rules get enforced properly we beat UNC last season and they were around fifth in the conference. That was our rock bottom. We'd be rolling strong if we were in the ACC.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I never said we were Wake. We have a better program, better support, better facilities, better history, and, almost certainly, a better future.

Over the recent past, though, we haven't had any better success. In fact,within the last 5 seasons Wake's BCS bowl probably puts them ahead.

Maybe, but I don't think it matters. You have to play who you have to play, and the fact of the matter is that our competition has been beating the hell out of us with regularity for a very long time.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is never fair to weigh an SEC team's record evenly with someone in the ACC or Big East. It is the exact same as propping up Houston as a national power this year.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Speaking of saviors... I've heard that Brent Brewer's PT is in danger of further reduction in favor of

276614_238654768626_630144522_n.jpg

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watch the practice highlights. I have a growing feeling that after Saturday, we are all going to be wondering why the [uck fay] Worley wasn't the number 2 all along.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In the coaches' minds he probably was but they didn't want to throw him to LSU or Bama after the thumb.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's too bad, because we hung around in both those games for a half. A little more offensive output could have made one or both of those games a longshot chance.

11. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Going to the game Saturday. I just want to see a competitive effort and no second half implosion.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I think this is probably very true. A true freshman against the likes of the #1 and 2 schools in the nation? Talk about throwing someone to the wolves. At least Simms had some experience prior to those games. Not that it helped.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Worley may throw 3 picks and look like a FR that doesn't belong yet, but I am excited to see him play.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Poor Simms, he deserves some sort of honor for taking on the goliaths and then getting set aside for the fancy new Freshman...twice. Even if Worley had of started the LSU and Bama games we more than likely lose and perhaps have a shattered young QB as a result. I think they played this right. Simms got an opportunity to distinguish himself. In retrospect he probably shouldn't even be on a D1 team or at least a D1 team in a BCS conference.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator