Justin Worley

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Brinkley52, Sep 21, 2011.

1. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Classy Church Hill? or sophisticated Surgoinsville? Win/Win in my mind.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Classy Church Hill. I teach at the high school. I coached football for 15 years before health issues put a stop to that. I coach girls softball now. How do you know about this bustling metropolis?

3. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Tri-Cities kid originally. Moved around a lot since then. Still, not a day goes by that I don't think about a Jr. Pal, with a Frenchie Fry and Sweet Tea. You're lucky!

4. JayVols

Ironic. I just polished off a Pal's hot dog and frenchie fry. You have to like the good ole boys from the Tri.

5. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

[Sidebar: There has always been talk that when Pal Barger passes away his son would like to take the company throughout the Southeast. Would certainly love this to happen. Not Mr. Barger dying, the other part, obviously].

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

[uck fay], with SCAR's schedule Tennessee would win 8 game. Why the [uck fay] do we have such a hard schedule?

8. Brinkley52

Brinkley52 The Patterson Prophecies

South Carolina's d matches up with Florida well and UF doesn't present anything that makes me believe they can stop Lattimore, plus I think this game could be for the SEC East title and I like Spurrier's chances with SCAR vs. Muschamp in his first year at Florida
    as for the Tennessee game....lets face it...SCAR has 1 win all-time in Neyland (2005)...so that in itself is tough to do...also, they are probably sitting at 7-0 and a lofty top 5 ranking going on the road to a Tennessee team that is probably mad about their losses to LSU, Alabama, and possibly UGA...this will be a must win for Tennessee and the fans will be fired up to end Spurrier's dream of a national title run...so that is why I say a toss-up at best...most SCAR fans view the Arkansas game as the scariest game..I disagree...I think Neyland on 10/29 sitting at 7-0 is a nightmare waiting to happen

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Let's just say I disagree. Florida is better than Tennessee. I think I'd always like my chances better of playing the lesser team.

10. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

Ah, up there in DB country. I'm a Maryville boy myself. Gonna head up to Greeneville tomorrow and check out that Alcoa/Greeneville game, though.

11. JayVols

Most people hate DB up here including me. I forgive you. :)

My old college roommate is the Blount Co EMA Director.

12. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

[/QUOTE]Most people hate DB up here including me. I forgive you. :)

My old college roommate is the Blount Co EMA Director.[/QUOTE]

Forgive my ignorance!

Small world this is. I have had many a good time up in Bristol and JC. That is pretty country.

13. Brinkley52

Tennessee shouldn't sell themselves short....if Hunter doesn't go down with the injury...I think that game comes down to the last possession....plus..playing at Florida gives them at least a TD...especially with a young quarterback in Bray....against South Carolina...Florida will not have the home field advantage..and their plus on offense is speed...which is what South Carolina has on D...speed...not saying speed always wins..but I think their speed will help neutralize the game plan
    as for playing at UT...again...that gives Tennessee a touchdown I feel...plus by that time Tennessee will have been able to gameplan for life without Hunter, which is impossible to do mid-game....losing Hunter cost Tennessee at least 6 pts against Florida
    again, this is my opinion as someone who has watched nearly every snap of Carolina football for 10 years....they will rise to the challenge against FLorida and win with ease....the ONLY way they win at Tennessee is if they limit mistakes (can't have multiple turnovers)...

14. DarthVisor

DarthVisor Active Member

I hope we win with ease against Florida, but our passing game and secondary have to improve tremendously for this to happen. Florida's d-line will be among the best we face, if not the best.

15. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

With the recent success SC has experienced with Spurrier, I think they will find a high caliber coach when 'ol Stevie steps down

16. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm not selling UT short. I thought Florida had a better team going in, and I thought Florida had a better team coming out. There were just too many holes on defense and no running game. It was a game effort and their were chances to make it closer, but it was also 30-7 at one point and could have been worse. Florida had the better squad.

Also, we won't have Hunter when we play Carolina, either.

17. Brinkley52

right no Hunter for the rest of the year...however Tennessee will have had 6 weeks to plan for life without their top offensive skillplayer...whereas trying to adjust mid-game is entirely too difficult...against Florida...Tennessee played about as bad of a half of football as they could in the first half...yet still the game was tight..look how the game went...UF blocks punts...Hunter gets hurt...etc...and it is still a game in the 4th...Tennessee is not too far off from Florida...I am always a fan of debating positions...who has the better QB, RB, etc...look at that for UF-UT and it comes close to even...Tennessee has some bright days ahead this year and next...you WILL beat at least one of UGA, LSU, Bama, SCAR...and probably will win 2..even without Hunter...

18. Brinkley52

I think it depends on how far Spurrier can take SCAR...I think the program has definately progressed a lot under his watch and this is suddenly a good job...the facilities are light years better...now comparable to other SEC schools..when before they were closer to a Conference-USA in terms of weightlifting, practice facilities...etc...I could see a really strong coordinator wanting this job....I think thats what everyone hopes for...but as Urban Meyer showed...the days of finding a Paterno are LONG gone...coaches have a short life span at schools...

19. Brinkley52

disagree..the best D-line SCAR's offense faces is its own in practice everyday...that will prepare them for anything they face......as long as Lattimore stays healthy...SCAR will be able to pound teams in the 4th quarter to grind out wins...our weakness is our secondary...Florida doesnt scare me with their vertical passing game..its more their dump-offs that go for big plays..which I think with our speed..we will negate...our scheme is the issue for the deep throws..I think anyhow

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this almost sounding like you're a homer who doesn't know anything about football.