POLITICS Kanye Gonna Kanye

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Oct 1, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who gets a 10 minute in-person monologue to the President? There is no rational way to pretend like that isn't being taken seriously.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, he was there for the new music bill that Trump was signing and Kanye, for whatever reason, has supported him. I get why the meeting took place, but I ain't going to go ga ga one way or the other over it.

Edit, and I had forgotten he had met with his wife earlier this year.

3. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

I thought it was disgraceful.
    Nothing wrong with Kanye supporting Trump and all that, but to have that sort of performance in the White House in front of international press is an absolute embarrassment.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

zehr27 likes this.
  5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Many celebrities meet with Presidents? It is not unusual.

With that said his soliloquy was unusual for a White House setting; though not unusual for Kanye

GahLee likes this.
  6. RevBubbaFlavel

I will be the first to admit that I am really stuffy when it comes to these things - but I think wearing a hat in the Oval Office is very disrespectful to the Office of the Presidency, for instance.
    The coverage of it might have been even worse.

7. CardinalVol

Whether it's who he really is or just an act, it's Kanye.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Decorum has definitely taken a big hit with this President.

9. RevBubbaFlavel

Also, I guess I had not seen Jim Brown in a while but he looks really old. Another realization of how old I am now.

10. CardinalVol

Yup. My biggest gripe, hands down.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Between the Blackburn comments and this, you are an odd one to me. I can't imagine Blackburn or Trump without the nastiness and rudeness. To me, it is a natural part of their positions, which tend to be myopic and without the nuance required by reality and decency. I can't fathom how one can politely be "[uck fay] you" in attitude.

12. CardinalVol

1. I don't care for Marsha Blackburn. Never have, never will. She shows up at my door asking for a vote, and I'll tell her the same. My best friend's parents were in school with her in Starkville and I can go way back with her crap. Did not vote for her in primary and wish there was a better option on the table now. Unfortunately, we've hit a time of national party politics where we aren't voting for her, we are voting for the party. My vote for her is essentially a vote to keep Cocaine Mitch Senate majority leader. Nothing more or less.

2. As for Trump, pretty sure my thoughts on him are well-documented. I left the Presidential piece of the ballot blank in 2016. Now, in some areas he's done much better than I ever imagined he would (never thought we'd actually see tax reform and I like the judicial appointments). In other areas, he's been exactly as I expected, if not worse. I really wish he'd go about certain things a different way. But, at some point you accept how something is if you cannot change it, even if you don't like it. Plus, like it or not, the economy is booming. It is. We can dress it up how we like, and yes a recession will come, but right now it's booming. Will it last until 2020? No idea. Nothing that the man has done has matched historical common sense so no need to start now.

NashVol11, VolDad and RevBubbaFlavel like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There weren't any cameras around for that douche John Rich getting a few minutes of Trump's time. I would much rather Kanye have his ear than him

14. CardinalVol

Guessing you've got stories on him too? I honestly don't know anything about him outside his music.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's just a huge douche. I've never met Kanye, but I can guarantee I'd rather be around him

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I imagine hell to be a never ending Lonestar concert with Big&Rich and Cowboy Troy opening.

17. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ole John.

Went to school with him. That description is hard to argue.

justingroves likes this.
  18. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

He had a sister that you wouldn't know was his sister unless she told you.

Good friend of mine graduated with him and once he hit it big "didnt know him from Adam"

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its being sacrificed for sure. Id rather shit get done though, vs nothing but words while being proper.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Opening for florida bama line or whatever those guys are called.