POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Who is Alex Trebek?

2. cpninja

cpninja Member

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

VolDad and bostonvol like this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If literally any news organization other than NY Times was behind this, I might invest more tham 20 seconds into reading about it.

5. Tenacious D

Well, if we’re at a point where you can’t trust the NYT, then we just shouldn’t trust any mainstream media source, ever.

Hey, wait just a damned minute....

MWR and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

"Gang rapist"

Attached Files:

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Really? I find the NY Times among the best sources for information out there. I would understand CNN as they've simply become entertainment-news, as have pretty much any 24 hour news channel. However, the NY Times story was researched for months and has citations, research, etc. which lend it credibility. Or, if Kavanaugh feels the main media source in the country has libeled him, then he has recourse to sue them for their falsehoods (The DOJ does not, despite Trump, of course, thinking the government exists to serve his whims and personal needs.).

8. Tenacious D

You know who I bet got Kavanaugh nominated?

Russia.

warhammer likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

one could look back and see IP asking why all the folks with something to say were never interviewed by the FBI if this was such a thorough investigation, months and months ago. this isn't new information, I'm guessing the Breitbart "lol even her dad doesn't believe her omg what does patriarchy mean?" story encouraged them to move forward with this.

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

This made my [uck fay]ing day

GahLee and VolDad like this.
  11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Who were they going to interview? This new alleged victim has no recollection of the event that was described in the “story” that appeared in the Times.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    CardinalVol likes this.
  12. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I think they deserve credit for all of the awesome reporting they do. That said, anybody could go find hundreds of examples of reporting from the past few years that severely damage their credibility. Like a lot of people Trump has made them lose their damn minds.

13. Tenacious D

Heels Up has the absolute right idea.

14. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

It’s a promo piece for a book two nyt reporters are putting out. There is nothing new in it, but the bulk of the article content is a narrative of someone’s experience at Yale in the early 80s. There is nothing libelous in it. He was a douchey guy then and pretty much seems like a douchey man now. But that doesn’t make him a serial rapists or unfit for the job. This is precisely why it is becoming more difficult to find folks fit for that level because of shit like the nyt article. It’s a poor attempt to link him with a 4 yr cultural experience by telling one persons story, of which crossed paths with the guy one night. So yeah, it discredits the times because anyone with reading comprehension can see what it is. The left played the Kavanaugh thing - and continues to do so - wrong. All they had to do was bring all of this up in confirmation hearings and let his dumb ass babble his way back to private practice.

CardinalVol and TennTradition like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm guessing the timing of this round of astroturfed Kavanaugh hysterics is a signal that Ginsberg is about to croak.

16. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Perhaps. It could just be that the authors of the book have been on any and every media outlet that would allow them promoting their publication by regurgitating already known information in 100 different ways to make make it seem like there was something new in order to sell a book or two.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He likes beer.

18. Tenacious D

You know who else likes beer?

Germans.

Do you know where the Nazis took power?

Germany.

Coincidence?!

Everyone knows that the Nazis just magically turned into Russians after WW2, much like how all of the racist Dixiecrats turned into Republicans after the Civil Rights movement*.

The Democratically-controlled House cannot move on this Kavanaugh thing quickly enough, IMO.

* Don’t look into either of these things, but just trust that liberals are smarter than you, and blindly trust whatever they say. The more outlandish it is, or the stronger they feel any belief, the less scrutiny you should subject it to. Well, unless you’re a racist.

19. CardinalVol

I've often said I want to run for Congress because there's a few night of college where I don't remember all the details and I figure they'd come to light.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

When you don't reach out to the alleged victim and don't report that fact in the article, that take the trustworthiness of said article to 0, I don't care how much time and research was spent on it.