POLITICS Kavanaugh Hearings

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by VolDad, Sep 4, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

no wrongdoing was found. none. if private transmissions of classified info bothers you, then you must be really upset about the current goings on. but you are not. Crocodile tears.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Any news of sexual impropriety involving a Senator is going to be headline news, everywhere. Immediately.

The Democrats pushed Franken out, not the GOP.

This is an excellent article and which even speaks to the right-wing conspiracy element: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...on-democrats-leann-tweeden-kirsten-gillibrand

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

she has not admitted she was up to shenanigans, you're conflating a twisting of one of her lawyer's words with her. I'm not ignoring it, you are incapable of escaping the phony narrative that has you cocooned.

4. Tenacious D

Did she completely fabricate and advance a story about a (then) GOP nominee for SCOTUS as having raped her? Did the Democratic Senators then attempt to use this to delay or block the Kavanaugh confirmation?

You’re defending this because you’re obviously ok with it, as tactics like it, so long as you get a preferred outcome.

Ends justify the means, TT?

5. Tenacious D

The Planned Parenthood thing wasn’t initiated, lead or managed by any GOP member of Congress, IP.

Who’s arguing two-wrongs now, IP? Weren’t you just chiding this vert thing, earlier in the thread?

Your core problem is that you have yet to give an example of a similar GOP “wrong”. If you’re going to make a hypocritical and invalid argument, at least make it a complete one.

You’ve smartly backed off of your claims that Benghazi was little more than the GOP [itch bay]ing.

Give me one instance where the GOP has leaked classified info, and then, show me where I have ever been ok with that, in any manner.

Show me.

6. Tenacious D

Here’s her attorney. Is she lying? Mistaken?

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I agree the democrats pushed him out. Of course they did. The discussion was about the origin of the complaint.

Also it was not immediately a story. Fox News had the story much earlier but sat on it because it would be worth more later.

8. TennTradition

I’m aware of this.

I also fully take it to mean that when deciding whether to come forward and deal with the backlash, knowing his position on RvW and his general respect of women as she personally experienced, it was a motivation.

9. TennTradition

Also if you do have good summaries on Benghazi I’d be interested.

My conclusion at the end of it all was that deception was used about the nature of the attack and what was attacked because we had active CIA operations on the ground. Protests is better than admitting an attack on our base of operations.

If the argument is that we thought we could get away with never acknowledging those operations by not sending in troops to help those under attack then it’s the same vein as my understanding but a darker reality. I’d be interested in rounding out my thoughts.

I read a decent amount at the time but was left with an impression of typical government cover given to covert actions.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Could have ended him completely if she comes forward a few months sooner.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

you don't seem to be understanding me. Benghazi was little more than gop [itch bay]ing. it was. who was charged with a crime? why is it now okay for trump officials to do the same thing, if Benghazi was a real scandal? google the planned parenthood hearings, you seem to be forgotten they occurred. you also seem to be missing gop congressional trying to leak the whistleblower. right now.

I can't show things to the blind.

12. TennTradition

fair

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

For future reference, I also enjoy descriptions of the firmness of my posts.

14. TennTradition

slightly jiggly

15. Tenacious D

Alleged to have experienced, and which none of the four whom she named could corroborate, including her best and closest friend.

Alleged, unproven and baseless.

It doesn’t bother you that this was her only motivation - a Democrat-fueled political hit job, based solely on her not wanting a justice to be confirmed?

Do you personally condemn her actions, and also those of the Democratic Senators who attempted to use this to railroad Kavanaugh?

16. Tenacious D

Fair.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is crazy conspiracy shit. I condemn your crazy conspiracy.

18. TennTradition

Alleged, yes.

You are putting words in the mouth of the woman who put words in her mouth to say it was her only motivation.

But even if it were the reason she finally came forward if what she alleged was true, I’m not sure why I would condemn it.

I’m not in a place to be able to condemn her actions.

As for the senators - if they or their circle coached her to make it up - sure, I’d condemn that. I’ve already said Harris shouldn’t have released the anonymous letter.

19. Tenacious D

What Benghazi-related fact have I gotten wrong, IP? Point it out.

What has Trump done, again? I’m not following? He ignored repeated pleadings to help members of a US Embassy, and instead let them die at the hands of terrorists in the middle of some shit hole, and later - for political expediency - denied it was terrorists, a terrorist act or could have possibly been foreseen or prevented? Trump did that?

I didn’t bring up the Planned Parenthood stuff, or make any claim for or against them. Go back and re-read it, again.

20. Tenacious D

Oh, which parts, specifically?

Specifically.