Keeping Track of the UT Hoops Revolving Door

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Jun 4, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I'm trying to get my brain around who transferred out of and then into the program. I figure some of y'all could rattle this off off the top of your head, which would save me several google searches, and would be appreciated.

Plus, we can then talk about the substantive repercussions, both positive and negative, of the recent turnover.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good thread. I struggle to keep up with the details, and would also appreciate someone helping me to see the overall picture - net gain/loss, strength/weaknesses. I know that keeping Hubbs and Richardson were great, and that losing Coffey sucked, but beyond that, I have no idea.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Coffey Black.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Out:
    F Jarnell Stokes - NBA Draft (or something)
    F Jeronnne Maymon - graduation
    G/F Jordan McRae - graduation
    G Antonio Barton - graduation (used up eligibility)
    G Darius Thompson - transfer (UVA)
    F AJ Davis - transfer (TBD)
    G Quentin Chievous - transfer (TBD? haven't heard)

C/F Pops Ndiaye is still TBD

Martin's signing class:
    G Larry Austin (Xavier)
    G Jordan Cornish (UNLV)
    F Philip Cofer (FSU)
    F CJ Turman (Florida Atlantic)

In
    G Detrick Mostella (pending clearinghouse) (freshman)
    G Kevin Punter (Juco JR)
    G Devon Baulkman (Juco JR)
    G Ian Chiles (transfer, SR)
    F Eric McKnight (transfer, SR)
    F Tariq Owens (freshman)
    F Willie Carmichael (freshman)
    F Jabari McGhee (freshman)

Returning
    G/F Josh Richardson
    F Derek Reese
    G/F Armani Moore
    G Robert Hubbs
    G Galen Campbell
    G Brandon Lopez

Don't think I missed anybody

5. JohnnyQuickkick

As far as net gain/loss, strength/weaknesses, etc (Just IMO, of course):

No real PG on the roster, losing Thompson and Austin makes that spot weaker for sure.

At SG, definitely more bodies there, probably a wash or maybe net gain, losing McRae, essentially gaining Hubbs, remains to be seen if Mostella gets in, and how the other guys do at the SEC level. We know Josh Richardson will bring leadership, athleticism and defense, hopefully he'll approach his NCAA Tournament scoring form. And this system should be made to order for Armani Moore.

At the forward spots, a net gain numbers wise, though Cofer was probably better than any of the guys who came in.

All in all, it's hard to know how different this team's endgame will be. Look at UK the last couple of years, and it's not like we're rotating half a dozen McD's AA's through every year like they do. Just don't know what you're gonna get when you throw together this many new guys.

Also a couple of guys who you have to hope stay out of trouble.

I just want them to be entertaining, go to the NIT at least, and hope the staff keeps bringing in players.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Has anyone ever seen JQK and Donnie Tyndall in the same room at the same time?

7. JohnnyQuickkick

nobody wants to see NYY and any other male in the same room at the same time*

*Unless you're into that sort of thing

8. kidbourbon

Good info, JQ.

9. kidbourbon

I wrote some words.

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2014/6/...aulkman-mcknight-chievous-darius-VFW-thompson