Keith “HatVol” Hatfield Passing

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Sep 5, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did he not copy and paste the love letter to auburn here?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"You'll have rednecks climbing the cage trying to kick your ass!"

JayVols likes this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not sure. But nothing a quick google can't find. Pasted below for everyone to enjoy: As Keith would say "[uck fay] Auburn!"

Dear Auburn, With your football contest against my alma mater now less than a week away, I feel this is an appropriate time for me to remind you of my feelings for you. I hate you. I hate your backward little cow college. I hate your players, coaches, students, administrators, fans, alumni, janitors, and cafeteria workers. I hate your multiple mascots. I hate you to the point I root for both Alabama and Al Qaeda against you. I hate the fact your supporters, with their cow feces caked work boots, will be allowed inside Neyland Stadium next week. I hate you to the point that I have rooted for Texas to defeat you. I hate you so viciously that I don't even root for you against Vanderbilt, I simply hope the ground opens up and swallows both teams and their supporters. I hate you enough to hope you go winless and scoreless every season. I hope this clears up any ambiguity about my thoughts regarding your institution and its supporters. Have a nice day. Sincerely, Hatvol96

vols85, MWR, Lexvol and 10 others like this.
  4. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

No they’re still up. I couldn’t find them via search mode, but if you can find his profile in a thread that he posted in then you can see all of his posts.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is 100% spot on for me as well.

JayVols likes this.
  6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Absolutely. Been way too long.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Someone with an account should get freak to open up that vault. Play on his sentimentality, just like Hat

JayVols likes this.
  9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Was Hat involved with Smoky Mountain Wrestling

10. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Well-Known Member

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

A [uck fay]ing legend.

RIP

ole_orange, TennTradition and JayVols like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Basketball forum needs to be renamed "Keith Hatfield Memorial Hoops Forum".

emainvol, Unimane, Indy and 9 others like this.
  14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great. I haven't been to VN in about 5 times longer that I haven't been here. That's a good while.

Look forward to seeing Hat's Greatest Hits in the future. I do know it was a perma ban over there for a bit if you even mentioned Hat in a post. I also know that was a point of pride for him & rightfully so.

15. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Hate to hear about Hat, he played the role of a message board villain very well, by all accounts he was a great individual. Regret not hanging downtown enough to make him a personal acquaintance.

Happy trails, Keith.

SetVol13, Indy, JayVols and 1 other person like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It's a crying ass shame he never got to witness Tennessee hoops make a Final Four. The ultimate Tennessee basketball guy.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'll always think of Hat when Oklahoma and Oklahoma State play... particularly when they play in "Stoolwater".

18. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Have cousins who went to Auburn and never really felt this post deeply until I had the misfortune to be around them more than once every 3 or 4 years.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If I remember the story correctly UT athletics invited Keith to a dinner with Lane Kiffin when we were wooing him to take the UT job. Believe they wanted Keith there because he and Lane had "mutual friends" and was there to help break the ice. Kiffin would ALWAYS find time and call into Hat's radio show. Somehow he always secured Alist guests for his show. Dude's impressive network with the athletic world, despite not having a background in college athletics personally, added to his mystique. Just a very interesting man.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    MWR, justingroves, Okibi2112 and 8 others like this.
  20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Man this bummed me out. Wasn’t he married? Rip hat

JayVols likes this.