Kentucky back to twice a year

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 28, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

SEC going to three permanent rivals per team. We get Vandy, SC, and Kentucky.

Great news, IMO

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good. Playing them just once wasn't right.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If only three, I would have preferred FL to SC

4. CardinalVol

Agree, but I'll trade them for SC if it means getting UK on there twice.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep.

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So when are they just going to add Va Tech and NC St already and get rid of this 14 team nonsense?

I'm not convinced that bigger is necessarily better, but if the die is cast and it is gonna happen--which it is--then get on with adding the 2 more teams.

Bama. We are supposed to play Bama.

7. CardinalVol

Right now I'd settle for dropping divisions in football if the NCAA approves the change this year for conference title game.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd rather have Louisville and Ga Tech than Vatech and NCST.

9. CardinalVol

That'll never happen.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

None of those 4 will, right? Aren't there all sorts of political roadblocks?

11. CardinalVol

NC State and Va Tech could. The issue would be the buyout they'd owe the ACC. I don't know of any internal politics that would keep them out at face value.

The other two would never get in due to the alledged voting block of UK, UF, UGA, and SC. I assume A&M is part of that now as well.

12. cotton

I think it is going to wind up with 16 teams, 4 mini 4 team divisions, a playoff for the SEC with the winner going to the NCAA playoff in football. I'm not sure how that shakes out for basketball.

I don't know voting blocks. I know UT would fight like hell any notion of adding Memphis. UK and UGa will fight just as hard to forbid their in-state weak sisters, as will Florida and SC and A&M; every one of those schools know that if they screw one of the current members by letting in a Clemson or Baylor, they could be next, so it won't happen.

I think Va Tech and NCSt are the most likely. I think Oklahoma is desired but won't come, and I think West Virginia is a distant 4th choice, but these are just my own humble, yet logical and usually correct, opinions.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Texas and Oklahoma?

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Georgia Tech will never be in the SEC again

15. cotton

What is the Texas incentive? They are a conference unto themselves.

Oklahoma seems to be a better PAC12, BIG10, or Texican conference fit, but I think they'll get an invitation.

16. CardinalVol

Florida State and Virginia Tech make the most sense. At least to me.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Those people are all dead.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Not sure the Longhorn network is here to stay

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Every single UGA alum?

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh, I thought you were referring to the Bama-GT feud.

I didn't know about schools wanting to block in state rivals until this thread. If that's the case then a lot of schools are out I guess.